PatsyT On February - 27 - 2011

AdLib here with PatsyT!

Along with Chernynkaya, The Planet had a presence at the LA rally to Save The American Dream. These rallies took place across the nation yesterday, to support our friends in WI standing up to the Kochs and their corporate cronies’ agenda to dominate the American people, as well as build the unity we need to confront and defeat these truly insidious creatures of greed.

As fate would have it, I arrived later than Cher and Patsy at the rally and had the good fortune, with my wife and seven year old daughter, to join a Pro-Choice, Pro Planned Parenthood march on its way to the rally. Along the way, there was one lone woman standing in an alley yelling loudly and angrily at the crowd, “Stop killing babies!”, the wild emotion in her eyes making her look somewhat crazed but the marchers just chanted on:

Once at the rally, where approximately 2,000 people attended, there was a powerful sense of coming together and energizing that was very inspiring. Patsy has included a fantastic array of photos below, here are a few from me as appetizers for the sumptuous meal she’s prepared:

Now, here are PatsyT’s photos:

Written by PatsyT

Mary Poppins said, "Practically perfect in every way" Today, I say, "Practically progressive in every way"

1. Chernynkaya says:

Crosspost from The DP, Vol 14:

How big labor and progressive groups pulled off the biggest protests in 40 years.

Last Saturday’s “Rally to Save the American Dream” was the culmination of two weeks of protests and a 24-7 sit-in inside the Capitol. Not for 30 or 40 years have unions and progressive groups come together in such an outpouring of support for workers’ rights. What makes the Madison protests even more incredible is how spontaneous they have been: There has been no master plan, no long-anticipated strategy to turn Madison into ground zero for a reenergized labor movement.

What follows is a behind-the-scenes account of how the massive Wisconsin rallies came together, based on interviews with a dozen people who were intimately involved in them. It is by no means an exhaustive or complete account. But it offers a window into how the unions and their allies responded, swiftly and effectively, to what they saw as an existential threat.

2. Redemption Song says:

PatsyT & AdLib, these photographs and videos are great…thanks for posting them!!

Signing off,
    --Redemption

3. PatsyT says:

Another inspiring video supporting the Protesters

4. PatsyT says:

Wonderful Video honoring the Wisconsin protesters

5. PatsyT says:

David Schuster & Stephanie Miller talk about the Fox coverage in Wisconsin.
    Click on Stephanie + David

This pic below is from Saturday in L.A.
    He was very popular with the crowd!

[img][/img]

6. jkkFL says:

This is appropriate in a way..if you feel it should be on O/T feel free to kick it over there..

7. Chernynkaya says:

Yesterday, I posted that I sent a bunch of letters to my local news stations complaining about their lack of coverage of the Los Angeles rally.

I got this back from one station:
    ____________________________

Thanks very much for your email. Can you tell me which newscasts you watched on Saturday?

We aired coverage of this story in every newscast on both CBS2 and KCAL9. It aired on CBS2 at 5p, 6p and 11p, and it aired on KCAL at 8p, 9p and 10p.

Sincerely,

Paul Button
    Assistant News Director
    KCBS/KCAL TV
    _______________________________

The guys was right! I didn’t watch the CBS affiliate, but looked on their website for the story--and there was none. I assumed their website covered all the stories they put on TV. I even did a site search. OOPS!

8. PatsyT says:

Fox doesn’t just lie a little, they lie a lot!
    The link below has video.
    The protesters have been very peaceful!
    I saw it here in L.A. ~ Passionate but Peaceful!
    In all 50 states over the weekend at the capitals, even Anchorage Alaska,
    peaceful protest!
    Cher posted a link below to the Moveon site with pics from all 50 States!

I think they (RW) are trying to bait the people in Wisconsin with this trash!
    They just would love for some serious scuffle to break out so they can push the
    Union Thugs meme.

Fox News has been making a lot of hay about one of their reporters allegedly being “punched” by a protester in Madison, Wisconsin.

Turns out, that didn’t happen.

Mike Tobin, reporting from amid the massive demonstration on Friday, claimed that one of the protesters “punched” him in the arm. In another broadcast, he claimed a man threatened to break his neck.

In both cases, supporting evidence for these claims was not broadcast — yet still, Tobin’s reports have been widely cited across conservative blogs that seem eager to depict union workers as hateful and violent.

What’s worse, Tobin’s allegation that he was assaulted might have slipped past without rebuttal were it not for a camera-equipped bystander, who captured the scene.

Turns out, someone merely touched his shoulder, as evidenced in the video below. The incident he claimed was a “punch” could instead be described as a pat, at most.

9. PatsyT says:

There are NO Palm Trees in Wisconsin!
    I grew up in Ohio, spent many years in Chicago
    and visited Wisconsin many times, so I know.
    There are NO Palm Trees in Wisconsin!
    There are no Violent Protesters in Wisconsin
    or any other of the rallies that took place last Saturday!
    Fox Lies! Again!

• Redemption Song says:

No kiddin’. I lived for a time in Madison…in February no one is outdoors in mere shirt sleeves.

• PocketWatch says:

Thom Hartmann show is going over this right now as we speak!

• Truth says:

I think it would be good to send these observations to media matters and truth-o-meter etc.. . This is really brazen, even for FOX!

• PatsyT says:

I am on it Truth but to be real, this is all over FB pages and as they say, it is viral.
        Please share and often!
        This along with Mike Huckabee saying that President Obama grew up in Kenya not once but twice is just another example of the desperate need the RW has for disinformation to sell their message!

• Truth says:

Yours is a first hand observation, that’s why I thought its good if you report it. There are many like me who are not on fb etc., so for us its good if we can read things ….. on Planet POV, for example….

• jkkFL says:

Good Eyes, Patsy!!
      I had to watch it twice to spot them!
      But you are correct, I have been to WI to vacation at the Dells, when I lived in IL, and I did not spot a single palm tree! :)

10. PatsyT says:

More in the “media” on the L.A. Rally
    This ireport is not bad but the music maybe a bit hokey
    Notice how CNN states -- This is not vetted --
    What? Was the camera imagining the people in the lens?

11. PatsyT says:

My L.A. photos are fun but I think this gal has me beat… What a ‘cool’ way to have a wedding

12. phread says:

I hope this the right place for this and I’m sure most have seen it before…but I think it is pretty good none the less:

A public employee, a member of the Tea Party, and a CEO sit at a table with a dozen cookies on a plate. The CEO reaches across, takes 11 of the cookies, looks at the tea partier and says, ÔÇťWatch out for that Union Guy: He wants a piece of your cookie.ÔÇŁ

13. Truth says:

How You Can Boycott the Kochs
    The backlash against the Kochs’ influence in Wisconsin is gaining steam, with labor supporters starting to boycott Koch Industries’ many products (listed here).

Here’s the colossal list of products being boycotted:

Angel Soft toilet paper
    Brawny paper towels
    Dixie plates, bowls, napkins and cups
    Mardi Gras napkins and towels
    Quilted Northern toilet paper
    Soft ‘n Gentle toilet paper
    Sparkle napkins
    Vanity fair napkins
    Zee napkins
    Georgia-Pacific paper products and envelopes
    All Georgia-Pacific lumber and building products, including:
    Dense Armor Drywall and Decking
    ToughArmor Gypsum board
    Georgia pacific Plytanium Plywood
    Flexrock
    Densglass sheathing
    G/P Industrial plasters (some products used by a lot of crafters)
    FibreStrong Rim board