AdLib On February - 24 - 2011

This is a very exciting time at The Planet. We couldn’t be more thrilled to have so many of HP’s finest make the move, along with other wonderful new members, to join the remarkable community we’ve built here at PlanetPOV.

As many of you now know, we had just moved to a new (more expensive) server and were ironing out some tech issues when the HP Titanic hit the AOL iceberg (“I’m Qveen of Za Vorld!”). It was admittedly a little bumpy for a couple of days last week but aside from an occasional quirk or two since then, we’ve got things running as they were before, steady, fast and with moderators tied up in the closet.

PlanetPOV is a site by bloggers for bloggers that welcomes people of all political views as peers and deserving of respect. There are no cliques, no gang tackling, no insults, no personal attacks or trolls permitted here. Just substance, genuine conversation, thoughtful debate on issues that matter and plenty of fun and wit.

PlanetPOV is people-powered. Our articles, comments, support and operating budget come from our community. There are no hedge funds or internet behemoths that own any part of The Planet, we’re independent and proud of it.

Additionally, we have chosen not to use the standard advertising services that could provide us with revenue at the expense of cluttering the site with ads and promoting things that we and the community would philosophically oppose.

So, we rely primarily upon you, our community, to keep The Planet in orbit.

This is our quarterly donation drive and we’re asking you, our fellow Planeteers, to help out however you can. Your subscription or donation would be very meaningful in helping maintain and build a better Planet.

There are two ways you can contribute, by subscribing to The Planet or making a single donation.

If you subscribe, which is a monthly donation of $5/month, you will not only be helping to keep The Planet spinning but as a bonus for subscribing for at least a year, you will receive your choice of a PlanetPOV mousepad or a Morning Blog mug.

If you make a single donation, any amount would be greatly appreciated. If you make a single donation of $60 or more, you will also receive your choice of the PlanetPOV mousepad or our Morning Blog mug.

To Subscribe to PlanetPOV, click the button below:

To make a one time donation to PlanetPOV, click the button below:

BTW, you can use either the above buttons or our PayPal donation widget that is always available at the bottom of the right hand column.

If you don’t have or don’t want to use a PayPal account, you can click the link below to donate directly from your credit card or bank account by using your ATM card:

Donate Directly From Credit Card or Bank ATM

If you would prefer to donate by check, please email me at
admin@planetpov.com
for our mailing address.

Thank you so much for all of your support to keep The Planet in orbit!

Categories: PlanetPOV

1. Dutchman says:

Hi Guys.

Count me in. HP has abused me for too long.

Good to see so many of you here!

Dutchman

2. Truth says:

AdLib, here’s an important question waiting for you: see comment below.

3. Truth says:

AdLib, I’ve contacted my bank concerning e-banking. They informed me that the recipient needs to give me a SWIFT or BIC code. So far I got only account No and Routingnumber.
    Moreover the form that I have to fill for the payment asks for an address of the recipient, so I’m not sure if I can fill the form without one. Please email me.

” border=”0″>

4. Le Facteur says:

This is where all my HP buddies disappeared.

• PocketWatch says:

Welcome!

Roll up a rock and take a seat by the fire… ” alt=”Smiley” border=”0″ />

Snacks and munchies ” alt=”Emoticon” border=”0″ />
      are over there somewhere…

For a quick rundown on stuff in general, see the FAQ tab all the way up top, and see ➡Tips for Newcomers.

The Help Desk button is over there on the right side of the panel (big red button, strangely labeled Help).

And the OT Post thread is right there too, for anything Off Topic you want to share.

Enjoy! 8)

Welcome to The Planet, Le Facteur!

5. squeezed says:

Took me long enough to find you guys. So I’m signed in, and ready to post. Can someone hold my hand and walk me through this?

6. teamplayer says:

Funds finally showed up in my paypal account today and I made my donation of $60.00.
    Finding a home is well worth $60.00.
    Thank you to the powers that be for all your hard work in maintaining this site.

7. RaoulDuke says:

OK… Another newbie refugee from HP as well….have some patience as I try and navigate this. Nice to see some familiar faces here as well…

8. CarrieAntigua says:

Good Morning Everybody! Trying to find my way around here….

9. chillfactor says:

I am a newbie here…still haven’t figured out how to add my avatar yet. But I did make a donation to POV….you folks do good stuff here.I made a year’s donation…I would LOVE the coffee cup!!

10. girlsparky says:

I just made a donation. Not as much as i would have liked to but I know that it all adds up.

11. justafarmer says:

just sent a year’s worth of support at once via PayPal. I’ll take the coffee mug, please!

12. lornejl says:

Arianna allegedly supports liberal causes and I heard that she just recently came into a substantial amount of money, has she donated yet ?

• Truth says:

No dirty money here please…!

She would never donate to anything that didn’t giver her back more but in a Bizarro World where an Arianna had some principles, I would take a donation as a small down payment on what the value of our contributions were to her massive payday.

Then again, we would never want to feel beholden in any way to such a piece of work.

• Truth says:

There is one thing I truly value her for: she brought all of us together, by creating the HP community -- although I’m aware she did so for the wrong reasons. But thanks to your and the other founders’ foresight and creativity, the Planet was already quite strong when fate corrected course and swept many more of us to The Planet….

And….I just sent you a mail concerning details of the transfer.

REMINDER: If you haven’t had a chance to donate to The Planet during this quarterly drive, we invite you to join many of your fellow members in reading the post above and doing so to help keep The Planet spinning.

To those who have already donated, thank you so much for all of your generous donations. You’ve put your money where your blogging is (and your principles) and we will continue to do our absolute best to live up to your expectations of The Planet as a blog that truly reflects and is responsive to its membership and genuinely respects everyone’s freedom of expression.

Cheers!

• Mightywoof says:

Done!! I’ll redeem my IOU now :) …….. no gift necessary -- save the money and spend it in good health *hooray -- I’m not a freeloader any more*

• boomer1949 says:

btw -- in addition to my previous commitment, I’ll be subscribing at the crack of my dawn tomorrow.

• Mightywoof says:

*sigh* -- every time I come upstairs to my desktop I remember that I left my credit card downstairs :roll: …….. yeah, I know, the road to hell and all that!

This evening when I’m on my laptop downstairs -- here’s an IOU in the meantime Fearless Leader!!

• boomer1949 says:

MW,

I go from one place to the other and then must retrace my steps -- just to try and remember why I was going to “the other.” :roll:

• Mightywoof says:

…. but Boomer (you’re 2 years younger than me -- so you have this to look forward to) have you ever put the kettle in the fridge and the milk on the stove 😆

• boomer1949 says:

Yes, I have. I’ve also boiled water until the pan was bone dry, thus starting a fire.

• AlphaBitch says:

Ah, Boomer! the Blov once set fire to our home in WA by making popcorn. He is now confined to microwave types only…….

And one of my kids once turned on the wrong burner and fried my old cast iron griddle. Luckily the Blov bought me a new one for Christmas.

• Mightywoof says:

Funny Boomer! I’ve done the same thing but not due to CRAFT moments -- I’m an indifferent cook and despise doing it -- so I walked away from a pot of water ….. luckliy I came back before the fire started. I’m glad you survived your fire!

14. TheLateGrardini says:

Appears to be some pretty good feedback here. The baggers should take a look and see what a true grassroots effort looks like, not one funded by the big money boys.