bito On February - 11 - 2011

Movining to The Planet Soon

With apologizes to Frank, The Planet wonders about your favorite traveling tunes. Cars, Planes or Snakes in your Mama’s Pick-Up Truck.

Is there anyone that hasn’t listened to music while traveling?  Sunday drives to my Uncles and Aunt’s with my parents , my father wold have the music playing (unless the Cubs were playing that day, then it was Jack.)

So Let’s Move!

Corporate buy out or Moving To Montana Soon?

I rode this train and everything in this story is true.
Steve Goodman (nice guy and great songwriter): City Of New Orleans

Traveling Wilburys – End Of The Line

The UP to Florida, Florida to the UP, this always started my Journeys

Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes

And one for our friends in Egypt (and Khirad’s great work-H/T, buddy)

The Beatles – Revolution

Well, should we throw one in for AH/HP?  Why not.

Stink Foot!

So get a move on!

(Remember, this post is up 24/7.  If you have music to post. You can post it “hear.”)

EDIT:  I put this thread together last night, before the news of #Egypt hit the world, so feel free to celebrate with the people of Egypt.

Categories: Music Thread, PlanetPOV

Written by bito

Was once a handsome frog until kissed by an ugly corporate princess.----- Like a well honed knife, the internet can be a wonderful and useful tool. It can be used to prepare and serve a delicious meal or it can be used to cause harm. peace

Sofia Sadek, singing Umm Kalthoum’s (a legend without compare), Lil Sabr Hdood (Patience has its limits):

2. TheLateGrardini says:

Judson Spence, “Love Dies In Slow Motion”. Worth a listen if you have never heard this before.

3. TheLateGrardini says:

From the genius behind Wall of Voodoo. Stan Ridgway, “Goin’ Southbound”

4. TheLateGrardini says:

Rare live version of “One Way Out”, ABB with Duane.

Amal Maher -- Ya Masr (Oh, Egypt!)

But, she’s trained classically.

6. KillgoreTrout says:

Klaatu--Calling Occupants Of Interplanetary Craft;

• TheLateGrardini says:

remember the rumors of “reunited Beatles”? All bullshit, just like Faux.

• KillgoreTrout says:

Yeah, that was pretty funny. Some folks were absolutely convinced it was a Beatle reunion. All they had to do was listen to the vocals, and they would know that it wasn’t anyone from the Beatles.

7. RasputinsLiver says:

Well, folks. I wasn’t sure what category to choose in either the science section or the arts section. But seeing as how it has some fine peaceful music I figured this is as good a place as any.]

Here is, courtesy of one of my favorite sites, The Daily Grail, a 360°
    virtual tour of the Sistine Chapel. Just use your cursor or keypad to take the tour:

httpv://www.vatican.va/various/cappelle/sistina_vr/index.html

Thanks again to The Daily Grail at http://www.dailygrail.com

* Well, I tried. Just don’t mknow what I’m doing wrong. Maybe time to hit the hay. Anyways, folks. just minus the “v” and C&P the link, I guess.

Good night, all.

8. Plutocrats really suck says:

Later everybody, I’m gonna catch the new episode of Spartacus on the TV. I’m glad to see so many old friends here and new ones too, this site is a blast. Take care everybody! :-)

Vox Populi, our live weekly chat about the week’s events begins right here at 7:00 pm PST.

You can participate in the sidebar widget or go to the full Vox Populi page by clicking here:

Until the chat opens at 7:00 pm, you will see the message below “You must be logged in to particpate”, that just means it’s not 7pm PST yet…or it’s past 7 and you’re not logged in!

We expect to have a number of new members joining us so just a few pointers:

As the moderator of the discussion, I will present discussion topics IN ALL CAPS. This isn’t yelling, it’s just to differentiate. Please try to stay on topic and change topics when a new one is presented, otherwise it can be quite hard to follow any conversation.

Also, keep in mind that people are typing fast and in real time so please don’t jump to conclusions about other members comments or intentions.

To participate, you may need to refresh your screen after 7:00 to see the text entry box instead of the “not logged in” message so please don’t forget to refresh.

Lastly, we expect to have the most people participating we’ve ever had so appreciate your patience and don’t give up if there are delays or if the server gets funky and goes down, we’ll have it back up in minutes.

Hope all goes well and hope to see you then!

10. phread says:

un otro maestro de flamenca, Pepe Habichuela

11. creole-girl says:

John Boutte = Treme song

12. DawgBone says:

Indigo Girls — Shame on you

13. ADONAI says:

I don’t know if this is road trip music but it’s one of my favorite songs to listen to after a long day.

Ben Harper, and The Blind Boys of Alabama -- I Shall Not Walk Alone