Chernynkaya On January - 31 - 2011

Written by Chernynkaya

I am an artist and have lived in Los Angeles all of my life, except for a brief hippie period when I lived in SF. I am currently (semi-unwillingly) retired, but have had several careers.

1. SueInCa says:

Cher
    Great job uploading the photos. I only wish I could have gone. What you guys did was fabulous and I am extending my kudos to all of you.

2. Questinia says:

Great job!

It’s summer where you guys are! Here, instead of enchiladas and margaritas, it’s Donner party and drinking our own urine. I know there’s snow, but who doesn’t want to have the opportunity to say they were in such dire straits they had to drink their own urine!?

Cher, this must have been so much fun! Thanks so much for posting the pix, and I look forward to seeing the rest.

4. Chernynkaya says:

OH! And thanks to the gremlin who put some needed copy into the preview of my post! I was negligent, and excited to post the photos, and grumpy because it took me so long to upload them.

5. bito says:

Cher!! Great photos. Sitting here reading posts and tweets did not do justice like these photos do. Thanks to you, AdLib and C’Lady for being our voices.
    Any body wanting to tweet this the short URL is http://bit.ly/hUy5Ao

• Chernynkaya says:

Thanks, Bito! I was editing this to add more, and my browser crashed. I’ll add more later-- too frustrated right now. I also have a cool short vid, but it’s over 8gbs.

If you’d like, I’ve added a slideshow function to The Planet today that you could use for displaying many more photos conveniently (which was a pain in the neck and is why my post on the rally was so late today)!

Let me know if you’d like me to add that to your post instead of individual images. Both ways are good.

BTW, such a delight seeing you, your hubby and Choicelady yesterday!

• Chernynkaya says:

I’d love a slide show! I BET it was a pain--thank you! We have about 50 pics. I wasn’t going to put up all 50, my Firefox stopped working in the midst of uploading and I lost about an hour, so I gave up for the night.

Can we combine the posts? That’s a great idea. Also, I have a short video (probably less than one minute?) but the media function on WordPress says it’s too big. Not a tragedy if it can’t post-- there are several posts on YouTube.

Did you see how much coverage the event got??? It was a fantastic surprise to me-- I posted a partial list from only last night and it got international coverage, PLUS almost all the prime time MSNBC shows, and some of the day shows as well.

AdLib-- it was a BIG treat meeting you and your family and ChoiceLady. You guys are supreme!

Cher, it was such a delight to meet you, your hubby and Choicelady and relax and chat without typing over margaritas and enchiladas.

To use the slideshow function, you still need to upload the images but did you know that you can select all the photos you want to upload at once and have a coffee then come back when they’re done?

Here’s how, open your post as if you were going to edit it, click that same icon you used to upload these images and when you click the Upload button, you can hold the CTRL button down and click on all the photos on your computer you want to upload. Then click OK and all of the images will upload.

Let me know once you’ve completed uploading them and I’ll embed the slideshow in this post.

All the national press coverage was proof of success. All that was hoped three weeks ago is that we could get some attention on the Kochs. This succeeded beyond expectations.

The Kochs and their cronies may have thought it was all futile but I’d guess that Mubarak was thinking the same thing at the start of the revolt against him.