bito On January - 14 - 2011
Get Well, Gabby

Photo by Marilupe24

Is has been a difficult week for many in Tucson and the country.  My thoughts and tears for those that lost their lives and to their families.

My hopes for a quick recovery for those that were wounded.

And my sympathies to everyone that this tragedy touched.

These words from President Obama:

After all, that’s what most of us do when we lose someone in our family – especially if the loss is unexpected. We’re shaken from our routines, and forced to look inward. We reflect on the past. Did we spend enough time with an aging parent, we wonder. Did we express our gratitude for all the sacrifices they made for us? Did we tell a spouse just how desperately we loved them, not just once in awhile but every single day?

JUDY COLLINS – “Amazing Grace

Warren Zevon-Knocking on Heaven’s Door

Fanfare For the Common Man

GET WELL SOON, GABBY.  STAY STRONG.

Please add your thoughts.

Written by bito

Was once a handsome frog until kissed by an ugly corporate princess.----- Like a well honed knife, the internet can be a wonderful and useful tool. It can be used to prepare and serve a delicious meal or it can be used to cause harm. peace

How could I forget this?

For all the victims, especially little Christina.

Gone too soon-Michael Jackson

I always have to go with this band…

Sanvean

Don’t Fade Away

Severance

Pie Jesu

Mozart Agnus Dei

Josh Groban “On Eagle’s Wings”

• Mightywoof says:

Thnks for Pie Jesu, Kes -- I love the whole Requiem by ALW but this is my favourite part! I love this version (I’m not a Sarah Brightman fan so she has always spoiled it for me).

MW, you’re welcome! I think we have very similar tastes in music. (I’m not a huge Brightman fan either.)

If you get a chance, check out a fine newcomer to the opera scene — Lawrence Brownlee. I really like him. (Also Nathan Gunn.)

• Mightywoof says:

What a wonderful voice, Kes -- so effortless that it floats on the merest of breezes; what I call a ‘sweet’ voice. We certainly have similar tastes :)

Have you heard of Jussi Björling -- a Swedish tenor who died in 1960 -- he was a ‘sweet’ tenor as well. I hate to take over Bito’s thread but here’s my favorite: Pearl Fisher’s Duet with Robert Merrill

Beautiful, MW! He and Brownlee make those things that are technically so difficult (like those octave leaps) sound easy.

Bjorling’s voice was certainly well matched with Merrill’s. I love men’s voices, period!!

What a gift.

4. SueInCa says:

Smile -- Nat King Cole

5. bito says:

I had a hard time starting this thread. I just want to say, you guys are fantastic. Thanks.

6. SueInCa says:

And because I absolutely love U2

Pride -- What more in the name of love?

7. SueInCa says:

This one, to me, tells of a special time between two people and fond memories whether a person is truly gone from this life or perhaps just our everyday life.

8. PatsyT says:

Trouble of the World -- Mahalia Jackson

Mahalia Jackson/Duke Ellington --
    Come Sunday -- Newport Jazz Festival

Ethel Waters -- Eye on the Sparrow

9. SueInCa says:

This song was played at the Memorial service of a good friend of mine. I always think of him when I hear it.

This one was played at my brother’s memorial, My older brother picked it out and it actually gave us a lift at his service.

• javaz says:

Gosh darnit, Sue!
      Is it good to see you.

You’ve got to remember that we cannot view the youtubes, and it would be beneficial if you typed in the song and the artist or band.

Man, I cannot express how very happy it all is -- to see you!

LOL

• SueInCa says:

Well good to see you too. I have been working on a project for Choice Lady and have to regulate my internet time because I can very easily get involved LOL.

The first one was: Boys II Men/How can I say goodbye
        The second one: Vince Gill/ Go Rest High on that Mountain.

It is good to be back here though.

• javaz says:

I’m impressed, Sue, but not surprised.

You so impress me, because you are doing something to make a stand.

My husband did that, back in the 60’s and against the Vietnam War, and I was too young back then, but not too young to understand, especially when my 3 brothers all got DRAFT notices.

I would love to get more active, but my husband -- not so much.
          He’s been there and he’s done that.

I’m going to try to get to California on January 30th.

I think we can do that.

10. PatsyT says:

Pyotr Tchaikovsky
    Beautiful, Heroic, Sorrow and Hope

Symphony No. 5 e minor op. 64
    2nd Movement: Andante cantabile, con alcuna licenza
    Charles Dutoit
    part 1

part 2

11. bito says:

Just give one thing that I can hold onto….
    Angel From Montgomery -- Bonnie Raitt/John Prine.

Through the eyes of a child.

13. PatsyT says: