Kalima On January - 4 - 2011

Confronted with writing a worthy post, this is me above.

So I just rolled up my sleeves for a person I’ve grown to respect and love.

I’m in and out fighting time zones across the miles,

When I login, there you are, and I’m all smiles.

Your energy and enthusiasm often puts mine to shame,

I’ve learned a lot from you, you are at the top of your game.

A year has past since you gave all of us here a chance,

To let down our hair, be serious, be very silly, cry or even dance.

I raise my distant glass to you, and think I speak for ALL of us here,

When I say, Happy !st Anniversary to TO/OT Posts, bito dear.

I wish I had a joke to tell, but I’m missing many a punch line,

So I’ll just say a big THANK YOU for sharing yourself and your time.

Cheers for everything bito, but mainly for just being you.

Written by Kalima

Long time resident of Tokyo --- "Where is this woman I once knew so well? Memories fading or hurtling by like a howling wind at a speed I can't fathom or define. A star hangs like a teardrop from her eye, quivering but never falling. I search the empty corridors of my soul in hopes of catching just another glimpse of who she once presumed herself to be. Where is this woman who trod with such certainty, where is she now? I mourn her passing as another dawn breaks in my restless heart."

1. PatsyT says:

Kalima, We are lucky aren’t we?

More nordic music for Bito!

Sibelius
    Violin Concerto
    First movement
    Hilary Hahn

Finlandia
    London Symphony Orchestra

2. bito says:

Kalima, Thank You, Dear One! What a nice post and poem to wake-up and see. It has been quite a year. Your warmth, thoughtfulness, intelligence and most importantly your friendship has meant much to me.
    bito

Today is YOUR day, and not mine, but thank you as always bito.

I hope that the fact that the post and intended video ended up being separated worked out ok.

Again HA, congratulations, and thank you for everything you do.

• bito says:

Kalima, it was a wonderful surprise from the K gals! I had no idea it had been a year. Super job! 😉
        The hand written note was quite the special touch.

Happy you enjoyed it, and yes a year has past already, much has happened to throw us, but great things replaced them, one of which was your support and friendship.

About the hand written note, I left it as small as possible so that no one could blackmail me later. 😉

Kalima, such a wonderful poem that speaks for me as well! And love the graphics (and your note to Bito!) Thank you for this!

And of course, thanks to Bito for making TO/OT an invaluable and core part of the Planet but even more, sharing a “bito” himself with us in the many ways he does. Cheers Bito!

4. Mightywoof says:

Oh my Kalima -- what a lovely post, wonderful poem and that kitty ‘n butterfly is too cute (is that really you 😆

Happy Annies to TO/OT!!

I loved your poem, Kalima.

And wish a great day to b’ito on anniversary #1. May there be many more!

6. Chernynkaya says:

Brava, Kalima! And hear, hear!

BYW, I have that kitty-with-butterfly picture on my journal.I love that.

7. javaz says:

B’ito brings so much to the Planet with his wit, wisdom and insight.

Very nice tribute, Kalima!

8. boomer1949 says:

Congratulations bito!!

Happy Anniversary bito. I tried my best, this video was to be at the bottom of the post, but wouldn’t embed, so I’ll post it here separately for you, and hope it does the trick.