AdLib On December - 28 - 2010

Our first full year at The Planet has produced an astounding number of impressive and remarkable posts here.

To acknowledge and celebrate ALL the posts made here at The Planet over the last year, we invite you to nominate your favorite posts of 2010 in comments below.

A great way to review The Year in Planet Posts, especially those earlier in the year that might not come to mind as quickly, is by reviewing the list of them on our Archive Page.

Also, to review the posts of particular authors, visit the Stats Page, scroll down to the section, “Author Stats” and click on the name of an author to see an overview of their posts.

Though we know many of our members are modest, we ask each member to also nominate their favorites of their own posts of 2010. You’ll be doing a favor for all other members when you do so.

You may nominate any number of posts for any of the following categories:

a. Political Issues
b. Social Issues
c. International Issues
d. Lifestyle
e. Series of Posts
f. Humor
g. Art and Multimedia
h. Music Thread

Nominated posts, along with additional ones selected by Planet Admin will be listed in an upcoming post that will allow you to vote for your favorites. The post receiving the most overall votes will be named, “Top PlanetPOV Post of 2010”.

If you’re curious as to which posts won last year, here’s a link to the Top Posts of 2009:

Thanks to all for making this an amazing, fun and enlightening year on The Planet! Please do join us in the celebration by nominating your favorite posts of 2010 below!

Categories: Featured, PlanetPOV

1. javaz says:

Is there anyway that we could give best comments -- meaning best comments to people who do not write articles but great comments?

I nominate best comments to two people -- Choice Lady and Alpha Bitch.

I just love reading their comments, as both articulate so very well and always post with such passion.

Okay did someone accidentally hit 2 stars, or what?

3. Chernynkaya says:

I have been reading many of the posts from this past year, and I’m feeling it is nigh impossible for me to choose the best!

Here are just a FEW of the ones I rediscovered and hope y’all will give a second look. ( And haven’t even read HALF the posts for the months I list!):

(January)
    UPDATE #2: NEW! Periodic Table of Criminal Elements
    Democratic Navel-Gazing, or The Circular Firing Squad – Parts I- III
    The Infantilization of America
    Grand Jury Called In Sheriff Arpaio Probe
    Corporations Are People Too! by Dr. Suits
    The Argument Against Obama (
    (February)
    Sade and The Body
    Motive

(March)
    Sympathy for the devil (March)

Progressive media’s wrong turn: adversaries vs. advocates
    (April)

Chuck E. Cheese Meets Huffington Post
    A Conversation with The Earth

(May)
    The Power of Intermittent Fanning
    Masters of Illusion and Intolerance
    The Birthplace of Democracy in Ruins

(June)
    The Dissent of Man
    My Interview With Satan
    Change He Can’t Believe In

SO MUCH EFFIN’ TALENT, SO LITTLE TIME!

Cher, thanks so much for your noms! BTW, mired a bit in system stuff last week, I saw your gracious question about asking how you might be able to post links to any Planet posts over yonder.

I can set up referral links to any posts that will work over there, just let me know which posts (I’m happy to do so!).

Otherwise, you can add a space between “planet” and “pov” in the url and mention for folks to copy and paste it removing the space.

Like this:

http://planet pov.com/

When we determine our top posts of 2010, I will set up a referral link so we can share them with our friends over there.

4. escribacat says:

I’m sure I’ve missed some but here are the posts that jumped out at me during my review:

Nominations

The Infantilization of America by kesmarn

Best series: Khirad’s Mid Atlantic Trip.

Interview with Kim Kardashian’s Butt by whatsthatsound.

Clio Wept by Cher

St. Mary Peak and my little gesture for Hume and CarlVee by Pepe.

My interview with Satan by Adlib

The Power of Intermittent Fanning and “The Pond” by Questinia

Periodic Table of Criminal Elements by KQ

Alexis de Tocqueville’s blog by adlib

The somtimes sordid history of smoking and hollywood by Pepe

Progressive media’s wrong turn: adversaries vs advocates by nellie

Chuck E Cheese meets Huffington Post by Adlib

Manning UP to Maypo Madness and Mourning in America by Marion

my favorite of my own: Sympathy for the devil

EDIT: Oops, must add two more:

Christian dominionists and death and No Compassion -- the American terrorist still lives by Choicelady

Alright, in no particular order or organizational structure, here is my notepad:

•I want to remark that earlier this year The Rarest Patriot shared some of his voice work, such as ‘Calypso’, and ‘Blind’, etc. That’s in its own category that deserves an honorable mention, at least.
    • Just about all of Marion’s, like the Ratf*cked one. You do the work on that.
    • “Do Platypuses Dream of Eccentric Sheep?”, “What Color is Your Paradise”, “More of Us to Love” and all the other whatsie ones. You do the work.
    • The World According to GOP -- Nellie, AdLib
    • “Hate in America” series -- Cher
    • Poetry of Jalaluddin Rumi (was the other Chinese one last year?) -- Cher
    • Rashomon -- e’cat
    • A Coalition of Church and State series, Tales of a Fraud Investigator -- Sue
    • A Totem of the American West -- Pepe
    • History of the World, Passover Seder -- Cher
    • My Interview with Satan, God’s Blog series, Dealing with the Devil, and sundry others. You do the work on sorting it all out. Seriously. -- AdLib
    • “The Pond”, “Gifts of the Magick” -- Q
    • Arizona Politics -- javaz
    • The Authenticated Planet Election News Escritoire -- may have not been the most lengthy article, but a work in real time progress by -- bito. Same for “The Rewriting of History–The States’ Rights Fable.”
    • Adventures in Being an Investigative Journalist series -- Pepe
    • “How I became an accidental American” -- Haruko
    • “My Life in Brisket, Rice, and Tamales” -- Cher
    • Of mine, “Holi Hai”, “No, not that Green Day!, “Which Witch?”.

Hopefully others can scoop up the ones I overlooked. There were a few also I considered from one-time authors that were good contributions, but this is my rough, first-time cursory browsing of titles of the past year.

Thought I’d really get the ball rolling.

Please add all those I woefully neglected to include.

I don’t know what to do with Kalima’s Morning Blog or bito’s Time Out for O/T. I feel like they should be given Lifetime Achievement Awards with ribbons like the Kennedy Center honors.

Dear AdLib,

Derrrrr….I forgot how to do the actual nomination process itself. Do we do it right here…in front of everybody? 😳 Or is there some smoky back room we go to where nobody knows who nominated whom, nor what goods and services were exchanged in the process?

• Chernynkaya says:

OOPS! Just read this:

“Nominated posts, along with additional ones selected by Planet Admin will be listed in an upcoming post that will allow you to vote for your favorites. The post receiving the most overall votes will be named, “Top PlanetPOV Post of 2010″.

• Chernynkaya says:

Same here, Kes! I want a smokey back room. I am working my way through all the amazing pieces from way back in January though-- this will take some time!

7. whatsthatsound says:

I wanna make sure I win something, so may I suggest a “Posts with Animals” thread?

8. Questinia says:

Aw jeez! Leave it to a guy from Hollywood :)!

Do we need to thank our piano teachers and mentors who have been “very generous and supportive”?

If you don’t, they may shut the cover on your hands next time.

I hate when they do that!

I’m greasing God’s palms as we speak. Because, He doesn’t have more important things to attend to, we all know.

• Questinia says:

God who art in POV likes Cookie Puss ice cream, just so you know.

Someone needs to put up a list of all the articles.

Will there also be categories for best graphics, comedy, direction and sound editing?

In that case, for sound editing I nominate whatsthatsound.

9. Chernynkaya says:

I’d better get busy reading-- I have a lot of catching up to do. What fun!!!

Oh boy, this could take some time to browse all the posts this past year, so just not the recent ones are nominated…

• bito says:

Oddly, I have been clicking on some of the “related posts” listed on the bottom of posts--there are posts I had completely forgotten about and a bunch of very good stuff.
      What category are all your photos in?? Those have been great!

• Chernynkaya says:

Me too, bito. It’s a great feature. The other day, I clicked on a “related post” because the title looked interesting, and it was my own post that I’d forgot about. Doh!