bito On December - 17 - 2010
Santa Klaus

Good ole Uncle Nick--Hic

Beyond the noise and confusion and elevator holiday music,  there are some that must be your favorites.  The ones that bring memories of joy, reverence, laughter and that crazy uncle getting heavily into the   eggnog–again!

Who didn’t learn this as a child?
Frosty The Snowman – Jimmy Durante Christmas

A little NOLA ?
Zat you, Santa Claus?

Ramones – Merry Christmas (I Don’t Want To Fight Tonight)

Christmas with cousins form the old country (I didn’t sound this good, believe me)

Oh Tannenbaum

Christmas – Santa Lucia Sweden

Oh, so many to choose…. Happy Holidays!!

Categories: Featured, Music Thread

Written by bito

Was once a handsome frog until kissed by an ugly corporate princess.----- Like a well honed knife, the internet can be a wonderful and useful tool. It can be used to prepare and serve a delicious meal or it can be used to cause harm. peace

You know, I always liked Christmas but thought it could be more evil.

Leave it to the Germans.

Krampus is an Alpine Christmas demon which accompanies St. Nicholas to punish bad children.

[img][/img]

Here is a song for him and my final video creation of the night.

[img][/img]

Do you ❓

He used to come to my grandparents house with St Nikolaus on the 6th of Dec, St Nikolaus day, and ask if I had been good. Scared me half to death. I either hid in the bathroom, under the table, or under my grandmother’s apron. Broken toys and dolls were taken away in Nik’s sack, and then returned repaired before Christmas Eve when we handed out the presents which were hidden under a special lace tablecloth.

The evil guy was dressed in black robes from head to toe, his face covered with a huge hood, his name was Hanes Muff, and he was a grumpy old thing.

• Chernynkaya says:

Sort of. I just wrote a comment in OT about the evil of the repubs.

2. bito says:

Oh!! It’s ole Uncle Nick--

A 16th century villancico, Ríu Ríu Chíu, by Mirabilis.

I didn’t spend much time on making this video.

The Spanish pronunciation could be better, but it gives it some of its charm.

The following are not mine, but follow along a similar vein.

El Duende -- Gaudete, Gaudete

Considering the original music for this came from the 15th century, possibly much earlier, this interpretation has always moved me more than popular versions.

Or, in the original Latin.

4. boomer1949 says:

The Silent Monks

5. Chernynkaya says:

I know it’s time to step away from the YouTube when I post this. See y’all later!

6. Chernynkaya says:

Oh, how could I forget my namesake, Feliz Navidad?

7. Chernynkaya says:

ELVIS! Blue Christmas

8. bito says:

Madrigal Bucharest Choir -- Christmas carol Dom, Dom sa-naltam

9. Haruko Haruhara says:

New Zealand Christmas:

High of 28 C in Auckland. :mrgreen:

10. Haruko Haruhara says:

Snoopy’s Christmas:

In the name of multi-culturalism, Straight No Chaser:

12. BigDogMom says:

Everyone have a great evening, time to go walk the dog before the sun sets, we will be decorating our tree tonight while blasting Christmas tunes, enjoy everyone!

Peace and good cheer to all of you!

Sting –

Christmas at Sea

I Saw Three Ships

13. bito says:

This helps all music sound like the voices of angels. My family made this (sagas have it that the Vikings put hallucinogenic mushrooms in their Glogg--How else you you get in a rowboat and sail across the North Atlantic? 😉 )

* 5 (750 milliliter) bottles port wine
    * 1 (750 milliliter) bottle 100 proof bourbon whiskey
    * 1 (750 milliliter) bottle white rum
    * 3 whole cardamom pods, cracked
    * 1 small cinnamon stick
    * 4 whole cloves
    * 1 (3 inch) strip of orange peel
    * 1 (8 inch) square of cheesecloth
    * 3/4 cup white sugar
    * 1 (15 ounce) package dark raisins
    * 1 (6 ounce) package blanched slivered almonds

served warm.

14. BigDogMom says:

Something a bit more up beat…

Brenda Lee – Rockin Around the Christmas Tree