AdLib On October - 6 - 2010

At great risk to their personal safety and careers, GOP insiders smuggled out an early draft of the Republican Tea Party’s Pledge to America and have provided it exclusively to PlanetPOV.

As you’ll see, this draft is quite startling in how frankly it presents the Tea Party driven sensibilities of the new Republican Party. It’s not surprising that this version was greatly toned down and homogenized in the pledge document that was publicly released.

And so, here is the draft of the Republican Tea Party’s Pledge that they never wanted you to see:

Click here to download this PDF

1. PatsyT says:

This is unbelievable…..
    Do we have a edit wizard that can make this into a real image?

” width=”565″ alt=”funding” />

Pretty depressing, Patsy.

In today’s paper there was an article about Rupert Murdoch’s “gift” of $1 million to the Republican candidate for Governor here in Ohio. Of course he covered his tracks by donating the money to the Republican Governors Association, which laundered it into “legality.” Now the airways are spammed with anti-Strickland ads. Strickland is financially swamped in a tsunami of dirty money.

Mark Shields gave an impassioned argument tonight on PBS against the Citizens United ruling. David Brooks blandly said that he sees no evidence that money changes anything in elections. Argh…

• bitohistory says:

edit: this looks like a job for Fearless Leader, I tried a few tricks without much luck. Sorry

I’m not sure if I know how to make it fit the page, Patsy. It is very good!

Obama should be executed -- Wisconsin GOP Chair.

Freudian slip?

“uh, right” -- whaaa?

Too bad I’d been unaware of this guy…

Anyone catch the surreal Rachel interview that she should have cut off within two minutes?

[no worries though, he has zero chance of winning in this district]

• PatsyT says:

Yes, Kihrad! I saw the whole thing, excruciatingly painful to witness,
      like watching a car wreck in slow motion!
      He was twitching and squirming all the way through.
      Since when is a scientist NOT open to debate?

Excellent.

5. bitohistory says:

Commentary: John Nichols on Pledge to America
    A lesson to listen to IMHO--GOTV

6. boomer1949 says:

All I can say is YEA!!!!

7. escribacat says:

Okay, I must be the slow kid. I don’t get it. It’s blank! :(

Weird.

I switched to IE from Firefox and there it is. Hmm. Anyone else see it blank in Firefox or is it just me?

….and later……
    Brrrrrillliant, adlib. Wow.

Escribacat, it’s not you, it’s me.

Actually, I had the same error at one point. This is the first time I’ve installed and used the Google PDF reader at the site and it has had a little hiccup. I’m still making adjustments, can you let me know if it still isn’t visib;e in Firefox for you?

And thank you so much for the kind props!

• PatsyT says:

Oh Ecat, that is so funny, I thought the same thing until I looked at the bottom and saw the link … ahhh so it’s not a joke that the republican tea party pledge is blank… I mean it could be
      that would be a great bit of funny
      but the real pledge is in the link below the blank space -- for some of us.

8. bitohistory says:

Now marked as “Featured” on yahoo! !!
    Gret job AdLib ❗

9. bitohistory says:

❗ ❗ The use of “republican-tea-party-pledge” is now showing up as second on google (behind HuffPoo) and # 7 on yahoo! !!!
    Try it and get it to NUMBER ONE !!!

I’ve just submitted it to Digg. Please go there, I’m Kalimatoo, and Digg it!!!

Come on, let’s Digg it!

Thanks!

Oh and good afternoon/evening to you all.

11. whatsthatsound says:

Wow, Adlib! Do you sleep? Or, do you have little elves and cyber pixies that work for you while you sleep? Because it is easy to see the amount of time, effort, and dedication put into this, and for the worthiest of causes! Smashing!

Keep the Bums Out!

Thank you, my friend! As you say, this is a worthy cause indeed. If we can motivate at least a few apathetic Dems to get back engaged…and their doing so encourages others, we’ve accomplished something worthwhile.

Ice the Tea!

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this piece with quotes and links in the Take Action post!

And thanks for helping to get it out there, I do think that by drawing people in through the humor to read what the Republican Tea Party is actually documented in wanting to do to this country, it gives us and those who read it more ammunition to GOTV against them.

So thanks again to all of you who have already been sharing this through Facebook, email, links at other sites, etc. and please keep it up! It is a way to Take Action and try and wake up some Dems to the importance of voting and keeping these wackjobs out of power.

Cheers!

13. bitohistory says:

Great job, AdLib, I will bet that there is a copy at my doctor’s office tomorrow!

That was a lot of work ❗