PatsyT On October - 3 - 2010

Have you run across videos or images that cut through the corporate news media BS?

Well dust them off and lets put together a collection for all to enjoy.

The Fairness Doctrine is a distant memory.

Mega Corporations are enjoying the all new

Citizens United spending Bonanza and producing a toxic environment in every form of communication all the way down to those dreaded chain emails.

Not to worry, we have many tools on deck to combat this onslaught.

Of course there are things like, the truth, facts, and logic, but why stop there?

We can also rely on  humorists, comedians and artists using every genre to lay bare the myth that the news is legitimate news and corporations actually like you… News Flash… Those Corporations… They are not that into you.

Would any one notice the difference if Fox News changed their slogan from Fair and Balanced to Republican Propaganda Broadcasting?

The mega corporations have an agenda that does not support the American middle class.

You might think that corporate America would want a very healthy American middle class being that the middle class is the economic engine of our country.  That is not what the past few decades have revealed.

There is a silver lining to all of this toxic turmoil.

I am making a killing with my new invention of the Sharpie with automatic spell check!

Lets Fight Fire with Satire!

I’ll start with our friends at bp…… and this is just in time for Halloween

Who can call out the Dummies better then the Dummies themselves?

Categories: Humor, News & Politics

Written by PatsyT

Mary Poppins said, "Practically perfect in every way" Today, I say, "Practically progressive in every way"

Well, we knew it was coming. Hitler just had to chime in on Iott.

2. PatsyT says:

Good Morning it’s time for Dummies

3. bitohistory says:

And they were sponsors at the CPAC conclave this year……Back in the mainstream?

• PepeLepew says:

I’ve never been 100 percent clear what the John Birch Society really was … and my dad was a member.

Socially acceptable and institutionalized paranoia, Pepe, that’s all! 😉

They saw communists in every branch of government, both local and national, in every university, in the military, in Hollywood, most certainly in the unions and definitely under every bed.

Goals: ruin careers, destroy marriages and families, and guarantee that fear of the people, by the people and for the people shall not perish from the face of the earth.

Other than that, they were a pretty harmless lot.

• PepeLepew says:

True story, because my dad belonged to that group, we used to get all kinds of weird mailings from Aryan Nations and groups like that asking for donations. We got this stuff in our mailbox for years after he died. They were selling their membership lists to some pretty extreme groups.

• PatsyT says:

When I was a kid I thought they were tree huggers!

From Spokane!

4. bitohistory says:

Foreign money for US elections? OK!
    Foreign money for a community center? NOT OK!

The Daily Show With Jon Stewart Mon -- Thurs 11p / 10c
    (C) Spot Run!
    Daily Show Full Episodes Political Humor Rally to Restore Sanity
  5. PatsyT says:

Good Morning Jack Black…

6. SueInCa says:

You’re Welcome America

7. SueInCa says:

Patsy
    You are so crafty LOL. This is a great place but it is going to take me forever to get through all the vids here. Is this going to be ongoing here?

• PatsyT says:

Ongoing? I don’t know about that
      but this has been a nice break from the serious election stuff out there …
      We all really need a laugh and I hope folks keep it coming.
      The crafty ones are the people that put this stuff together,
      I don’t think they are getting paid by the Koch bros and friends,
      they just have a gift and they put their heart into it.
      Am I biased to say that I think there is much more in the way of creativity,
      imagination and humor on the progressive side of things?
      Look at Carl Rove, any humor there?
      Funny looking when dancing perhaps but what a drip.
      A little while ago Andrew Britebarf was on Bill Maher
      along with Seth MacFarlane.
      Seth MacFarlane wasn’t very vocal during the show
      but when he was he had some killer lines
      and Britebarf just sat there deadpan.
      He can not even laugh a good joke!
      Drip drip drip What a bore!

8. PatsyT says:

OK this was pretty good but I am still imagining this being done with the proper music.

9. bitohistory says:

Satire from the Gub’ment?

• PatsyT says:

Wow Bito, What year was that made?

• SueInCa says:

Oh my goodness Bito. The atomic bomb could knock YOU down or throw you and you might get hurt, but it can destroy a building?

If you see the flash, duck and cover is not going to help you, nor is closing the blackout curtains. But we all believed it at one time. The incredible thing is we had all seen the damage to Nagasaki and Hiroshima yet we still believe duck and cover. We really were innocent back then

• bitohistory says:

Sue, I have had some good laughs about the “duck & cover” thing with people that lived during that experience. Oh to have the coveted job of being in charge of closing the windows and the curtains--“teachers pet”--even though the whole school would be a pile of rubble, you got those windows shut! 😆

• SueInCa says:

I know, amazing how far we have come but how far back some want to take us. i will be the one who is kicking and screaming as they lead me off to one of “their” not Obama’s FEMA camps. I will never concede to their idea of America. Now how did I get off on that one?

10. boomer1949 says:

I couldn’t decide where to post this, but given Jon Stewart is a satirist, I finally decided this was the most appropriate. It’s Teri Gross’ interview with Jon Stewart for her NPR program…Fresh Air:

What happens when America really looks in the mirror…? Do we see Christine? Or someone funnier and more honest?

12. boomer1949 says:

From the Onion…

American People Hire High-Powered Lobbyist To Push Interests In CongressOctober 6, 2010 | ISSUE 46

13. PatsyT says:

At first I was disappointed that this was so short.
    Then I had to consider the candidate and it made sense 😉

• bitohistory says:

😆 😆 😆

I missed the “release the birth certificate” at the end. :-(

If that was supposed to reassure the blue hairs, I’m not sure it was well thought out.

Seriously, about that original commercial. Why does it look like the background is lit by black flamed candles and she’s an ankh and some dark lipstick away from being Circe Nightshade? All she was missing was the “Bela Lugosi’s Dead” intro track instead of that treacly, ambient piano.

Maybe she is “like me”… shudder the thought!

• PatsyT says:

Khirad, I can’t resist !!!
        Christine meet your theme music…

• bitohistory says:

This has to be some SNL skit. “I’ve seen many ads for ‘Clinton for President’ on already” ??? And if she thinks that evolution is just fiction, what about all your “ifs” Christine? IF the house- and IF the Senate-and IF the president……

• SueInCa says:

I think Rachel was a bit nitpicky here. O’Donnel did acknowledge that Hillary left the Senate and was now SOS. I might have given the same answer because I do admire Hillary.

On the other hand, she went right back to bat shit crazy with the Hillary ads.

14. bitohistory says: