BlueStateMan On May - 25 - 2010

For those HP “oldtimers” that haven’t yet heard…

The HP family lost a dear member a short while ago.. his monikers were “FloydRTurbo”, “CrapWhisperer” & “CarlVee”.

He was very ill for a long time.. a sweet soul who spent a GREAT DEAL of his time helping those in need.. he had dropped EVERYTHING & flew down to Haiti to help in the aftermath of the earthquake….I was proud to be his friend & I miss him terribly.

Human Beings suffer,
They torture one another,
They get hurt & get hard.
No poem or play or song
Can fully right a wrong
Inflicted & endured.

The innocent in gaols
Beat on their bars together.
A hunger-striker’s father
Stands in the graveyard dumb.
The police widow in veils
Faints at the funeral home.

History says, “DON’T HOPE
On this side of the grave”.
But then, ONCE in a LIFETIME
The longed-for tidal wave
Of justice can rise up,
And HOPE & HISTORY rhyme.

So HOPE for a great sea-change
On the far side of revenge.
BELIEVE that a further shore
Is REACHABLE from HERE.
BELIEVE in MIRACLES
And CURES & HEALING WELLS.

Call miracles “SELF-HEALING”:
The utter, self-revealing
Double-take of feeling.
If there’s fire on the mountains
Or lightning & storm
And a “god” speaks from the sky

That means SOMEONE is hearing
The outcry & the birth-cry
Of NEW LIFE at its term.

~~ Seamus Heaney
from “The Cure at Troy”.

Categories: News & Politics

1. javaz says:

I do remember Floyd.

My prayers are for his family and loved ones.

2. peacekitten says:

the loss of our dear friend carl is something that just goes to prove my “cockroach theory.” we always lose the ones we wish would live forever, and the ones that just won’t die and should, stick around around forever. i realize that sounds horrible, but i’m sure many here know exactly what i mean. the “prick cheneys” of the world seem to be in endless supply and of unlimited life span, while those who work so hard to do good in the world, leave us much too soon. perhaps it is because those like carl have hearts to break, and the others do not.

he was not only a friend to humans in need, but he and i shared an uncommon love for animals, something that seemed to draw us together from the first time we noticed one another on the threads. carl lived in palm springs, if memory serves, and he worked tirelessly for his furry friends as well. he supported great causes like “dogtown” at best friends animal sanctuary in utah, and perhaps if we can’t find another way to honor him, a donation there would be fitting. he loved cats too, really all animals, like me, and he gave of himself to them as much as he did anyone else. as i am sure carl knew, there is no greater honor in the world than to see unconditional love and devotion in the eyes of a pure, innocent soul looking back at you.

“to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is success.” carl, you led a very successful life. you will be greatly missed.

3. VegasBabe says:

This is extraordinarily sad news indeed. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. Does anyone remember his radio program? I can recall calling in as did many others including Mogamboguru, all the way from Germany. GrouchoMarxist was on every week as a guest host and there were a few episodes that were pretty hysterical. CW voted for GWB not once, but twice as I learned on his show and was enormously regretful about putting so much faith in an inept president. At FRT, he could be funny as hell sometimes. I liked him. I wish I’d known that he was ill. Godspeed CW!

4. escribacat says:

I remember Floyd and Carl — and yes, always talking about fishing. I’m so sorry to hear that he’s gone.

5. PepeLepew says:

What a terrible shame. Turbo was always very, very funny.

6. SueInCa says:

BSM
    Sorry to hear about Turbo. Was he the one who talked about ice fishing all the time? He was a troll slayer for sure and very entertaining. He will surely be missed in so many ways. On another note, how is Bito? I have been out of the loop for awhile but I think about him all the time and always say a prayer.

7. Mightywoof says:

I was never part of the Huffpo scene and did not know your friend, Bluestatesman; but I send my condolences anyway -- I too have lost a dear online friend whom I never met and I mourn her loss every day.

8. AlphaBitch says:

BSM: So sorry for your (and our) loss. I was a fan of Floyd’s and AM a fan of the “doc” on the other site. May his passing have been easy, and may his loved ones be comforted. As they say in the world of bluegrass: “Gone clear”.

9. KQ says:

Godspeed to CW. Going down to Haiti just to help was a very selfless act indeed. BSM your tribute was very touching.

Oh gosh, you have just added the name CrapWhisperer and suddenly I know him. I had no idea that he had been sick. I’m truly shocked BSM. The last I remember about him was his radio show on Blog Radio, how very sad.

BSM, so sorry to hear this news. I remember FloydRTurbo.

I have to ask: do you know what state he lived in?

12. LiseLives says:

Saw this posted on Huff (DocStrangelove = BSM ?) --

BSM, very sorry for your loss -- sounds as though he was a very special man --
    Very sad ….

13. PatsyT says:

Bluestatesman,
    So sorry to hear of this.
    I do remember him,
    You are very kind to post this beautiful work to honor him.

Sorry for your loss BSM. I haven’t posted on Huff since April last year except for one slip a few months ago. I can’t remember his moniker, but believe every word of your tribute to him.

Rest in peace gentle soul.