KQµårk 死神 On May - 21 - 2010

My bad.  I’ve gone and done it this time I simply forgot to do a music night post.

In that vane please post videos that you have not remembered in a long time.

Let’s start our with Memories from Cats.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-L6rEm0rnY[/youtube]

Written by KQµårk 死神

My PlanetPOV contact is [email protected] Proud Dem whose favorite hobby is cat herding. The GOP is not a political party, it's a personality disorder. Cancer, Heart Failure and Bush Survivor.

1. javaz says:

Well, since I thought it was Friday --
    (easy to lose track of time some times)

2. javaz says:

How could I ever forget another of my all-time favorite bands that I’ve seen throughout the years at least 5 times, the last time just 3 years ago at an Indian Casino --

Chicago -- Feeling Stronger Every Day

And this is one of my favorite songs --

Saw the original Chicago in 1974 and the opening act was the Pointer Sisters and they were new and excellent, but people booed them off the stage and that was quite sad.

Then another favorite was from that era was this --

Peter Frampton -- Do You Feel Like We Do --

3. PatsyT says:

Javez, You made me think of this….

I remember these were two of the best bands I saw live (hardcore warning):

Type O Negatice -- World Coming Down

Some hardcore girls from the late 90’s

Kittie -- Spit

Vox Populi is underway, please join us by clicking here: http://planetpov.com/live-events/vox-populi/

6. javaz says:

I grew up playing guitar.
    My father played, all my brothers played, and I used to be so envious, so when I was about 4 years old, my dad taught me some songs on the Hawaiian Guitar -- I still have my original finger-picks and slide and my goodness, how small were my fingers!
    My dad graduated me to acoustic when I was about 5 and 1/2, and this is one of my favorite groups to this day, even though this wasn’t a song we played --

The Ventures -- Wipe Out --

This was the very first song that I ever learned as a 4 year old on the Hawaiian Steel String Guitar --

This was the very first song that I learned on an acoustic that also had steel strings and a neck far too wide for a child’s hand, but I did it anyway --

And then I learned this song in the 4th grade --

Don’t you miss Mary?

• PatsyT says:

Oh Javez,
      I taught myself to play guitar on my oldest brothers steel string fender acoustic.
      He later had traded it for a catamaran sail boat.
      Those steel strings were beastly on my 12 year old fingertips but I stuck to it.
      I got gigs and was in various bands.
      Total Bohemian life.
      I spent hours of time learning every kind of thing from Beatles (of course) to
      Burt Bacharach
      Alfie

• KQ says:

Wipe Out! Now that brings back memories.

7. PatsyT says:

If you are going to go Broadway
    I love this
    In my mind, the best version
    Sorry to know that
    This is closing down on Broadway

8. javaz says:

Okay, if we’re talking favorite albums, go ahead and laugh at me, but I used to love Neil Diamond, before he went Elvis -- in fact, the very first date that I was allowed to go on at 15 years old was to a Neil Diamond concert and my gosh, back then, he wore the black and was thin and was so damn sexy and Albert Brooks was the opening comedian and it is an excellent memory.
    I still have the ticket stubs stapled to this Neil Diamond album!
    LOL

Neil Diamond -- Tap Root Manuscript -- African Suite

9. PatsyT says:

Ok you may want to forget this … but we love it at our house
    I think Cher once tried to give me a link to this

10. javaz says:

The song that says it all for me --

Cat Stevens -- Father and Son --

Another one of my favorites --

Simon and Garfunkel -- The Only Living Boy in New York --

And don’t laugh, but I love this song because of what it says about the moon --

Neil Diamond -- Done Too Soon --

• KQ says:

I almost forgot what Neil Diamond looked like when he was young.

• javaz says:

Own every album and CD once CDs came out up to the Morningside Album.

He lost me when he did the Jonathan Livingston Seagull.

Once in awhile, after a few beers, I’ll play them, and luckily, my husband’s mother and his sisters loved him too back then, and he hates to admit it, but he likes him, too.

Another favorite of mine and both my husband and I love them are Simon and Garfunkel and we own the albums and CDs.

And then there’s Donovan.

I’m lucky that we both share the same love of music, including classical, except where we have a problem is that my husband likes Smashing Pumpkins and I can’t tolerate them!
        LOL

11. javaz says:

Michael Jackson -- Billy Jean -- one of my all time favorites

Doobie Brothers -- What a Fool Believes

Cyndi Lauper -- Time After Time

Dire Straits -- Money For Nothing --

12. KQ says:

Two of my favorite albums from the 90’s by Live and Black Crowes. I forgot the names of the albums to be honest.

Two great rock ballads.

13. KQ says:

This is one of my favorite songs from the ’90s I re-found listening to satellite radio that I had forgotten.