AdLib On May - 20 - 2010

Je suis de retour.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFtsWy7WqJo[/youtube]

Great to be back, missed my fellow Planetarians!

So, Vox Populi returns tomorrow night, hope to see you then…I’ll probably be sleeping off the jet lag until then.

Cheers!

Categories: Speakers' Corner

Welcome home dear. I shrunk the kids.

• Mightywoof says:

Thank goodness I’d finished my coffee before I read this Kalima :) -- there’s nothing worse than cleaning coffee off the ‘puter screen!!

Welcome back AdLib -- hope you had a great time

Oh gosh Mw, I’m so glad you averted that disaster. I would have never forgiven myself. My computer screen is constantly covered in cat sneezes, hell of a job to get that off. :)

Good morning btw.

2. Questinia says:

Sauf pas de parfum ni des bon bons! Comme d’habitude.
    Quand meme, je suis contente parce que je sais bien qu’il existe des bon bons et du parfum quelque part dans l’univers.

• Mightywoof says:

You’ll have to do the translation Q -- I went to Babelfish and larfed my head off when they came up with

“Except step of perfume nor good goods! As usual. Nevertheless, I am content because I know well that there exist good goods and perfume some share in the universe”

:) :) :)

Kalima, Babelfish is indeed hilarious and I used to do the same. So is this:

Google translator is a bit better, but also used with caution, of course.

I use these things when I just need a general idea.

How they can’t translate bon bon properly I don’t know, though. There’s gotta be a way to program that.

Babelfish has the funniest translations ever. I go there for a laugh to translate English into German and feel sorry for anyone who writes down the results to use them on a trip. They could be arrested or end up in a straightjacket. I thought Asian signs in English were funny, but Babelfish ranks right up there with them. They literally translate word for word and in the same order. Hilarious!

We should all visit there when we are feeling grumpy or depressed in my opinion.

3. KQ says:

Hope you had a great trip Adlib.

4. boomer1949 says:

Sharif,

Well it’s about damn time, and I hope you had a good one. Welcome back!! :smile:

And yes, maggie had an identity crisis while you were away.

And, did I say and again? OMG! No fair…you must share! Where have you been? ‘specially since you’re so eloquently spouting Francais and Aerosmith in the same breath/post. 😆

Hope you had a fine time. Just found out yesterday that a dear friend (very dear friend) has been deployed (as a civilian and not as military) to Tbilisi, Georgia for the next 2-5 years. Big $$$ but far (way far) from the USofA. Doubt he’ll be fluent in Francais — Georgian/Russian for sure.