KQµårk 死神 On May - 14 - 2010

Well folks it might be still over a month away technically but it’s hot down in Georgia.  Sometimes I don’t think we would have a Spring, save for the rainy days.   So kick back and enjoy your frozen PGD (Pink Girly Drink) and share some summertime toons.

My favorite summertime song the George Gershwin original.  Several versions I could findliday – Bluesy

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7ENPQzlUpY&feature=PlayList&p=4F06F62DB27DE1A3&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=1[/youtube]

Janis Joplin – Folk Rocky

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzNEgcqWDG4[/youtube]

Ella Fitzgerald – Jazzy

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j6avX7ebkM&feature=related[/youtube]

Jill Scott and George Benson – Duety

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCaPno7QChY[/youtube]

Kathlene Battle – Operay

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRnQ-fyQldE[/youtube]

Sarah Brightman – Divinely

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DticqXJ0Qf4&feature=related[/youtube]

I’ll leave you with the quintescential music for a Summer night.  Ein kleine nachtmusik.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKhH2hRa-WQ[/youtube]

Please share your summertime favorites.

Written by KQµårk 死神

My PlanetPOV contact is [email protected] Proud Dem whose favorite hobby is cat herding. The GOP is not a political party, it's a personality disorder. Cancer, Heart Failure and Bush Survivor.

The Dresden Dolls -- Shores of California

Katy Perry -- California Gurls ft. Snoop Dogg

2. KQ says:

Did anyone post a Beach Boys video?

3. javaz says:

Hey Blues Tiger!
    Off Topic, but I have to go now and practice, practice, practice --

If you are lurking -- a very good friend of my husband’s is coming out in June from Oregon and he’s a fellow engineer, but also in a band!

We’ve played with him before, and he’s formed yet another band, but this time it’s a “Geezer” Band and he’s sent us all the songs that he wants us to practice.

He wrote them and he’s very, very good.
    He’s more along the lines of Bob Dylan, and he even sounds like Dylan but from Dylan’s younger years.

Then he asked us to send the songs we play, so my husband sent him 23 songs that we do fairly well, but we don’t write, except for one song that we’re actually proud of.

It’s a great hobby!

Plus it keeps arthritis from settling into our fingers and it does keep our minds somewhat sharp.

I still think that it would be a great idea with all the musicians and artists here and the writers that we form a band and call ourselves the Planeteers!

This is one that I love to play --

Good night all and hope you all have the best weekend!

Ok, I’ve run out of summertime, summer love and summer songs. I have the famous spinning, multi coloured Mac ball, my mouse is having a hissy fit.

Time to start cleaning. I swear by the time I’m done, I’ll have enough shedding hair to make a new soft pillow for hubby.

Have a great night and see you later. Be good now. :)

5. LiseLives says:

I just plugged de Planet at Huff hehehe !

6. escribacat says:

Summertime? It’s been snowing and raining in Colorado for the past week.

Hello escribacat, that’s bloody awful. Take care you don’t catch a cold. I’ve had a “bug” going into the 4th week now, am totally fed up with it.

Hope you are well and see you soon I hope.

• escribacat says:

The other night I went outside at 1:30 a.m. and shook the snow off my beautiful crabapple blooms. The branches were weighted down and I didn’t want them to break. This is a common problem around here.

7. KQ says:

KC and the Sunshine Band That’s the way aha, I like it.

Some poor child is out of tune in the background though.

8. KQ says:

Of course you can’t forget island music. Now this is not technically “island music” but anyone who’s vacationed in the Caribbean probably heard this song a dozen times at least.

Astrud Gilberto and Stan Getz: THE GIRL FROM IPANEMA -- 1964

9. KQ says:

I don’t know about you folks but I’m probably gonna rip and burn a CD from this thread. In fact I’ll probably make two CDs one softer and one harder for my car.

Wow with MP3 players that first paragraph probably sounded behind the times. Alas I only have a CD player in my car but I do have a watch and phone that plays MP3s so don’t think I’m some kind of barbarian.

• javaz says:

You have a watch that plays MP3s?

I don’t even know what the hell that means.

My husband burns CDs all the time and we can get hours on a CD and that’s cool.

I’m not ashamed to say that we don’t have an IPOD.

Heck, we don’t even have a real cellphone -- we have one that cost 7.99 and we do them Tracfone cards -- pay as you go.

We don’t have cable or satellite TV or Sirius Radio and we’re still on dialup!

I guess that we are barbarians!
      LOL

addendum- we are actually part of the Nielson Rating Family! I have no idea why they chose us, but they pay us monthly -- just a couple bucks -- to do their surveys on the shows we watch and to rate them.
      We never admit to watching FOX, and really, we only watch 2 Fox shows -- House and Bones and then we watch the NFL during football season, but that’s it.

Seriously, I don’t know what I’d do without my iPod. The CD player (not even the anti-skip kind) I used to lug around with only one CD at a time in High School just seems so primitive now! 😆

10. nottoolate says:

Man it’s a hot one, like seven inches from the midday sun…

11. KQ says:

Khirad I swear this song was in my head for an entire Summer.

Blackstreet -- No Diggity ft. Dr. Dre, Queen Pen

Got to love the hard workin’ ladies in the video as well.

12. PatsyT says:

Johnny Mathis -- Summer of ’42
    Music by Michel Legrand
    If this has been done already I’ll take my booby prize in Shereded Wheat :-)

13. KQ says:

Javaz be careful what you wish for. This could happen to you.

14. PatsyT says:

Otis Redding -- Sitting by the Dock in the Bay
    Has this come up yet or am I going to get the giggly eyes :-)