KQµårk 死神 On May - 7 - 2010

In honor of the elections in Great Britain they will garner the music night theme.

Per usual with any topic that covers the Beatles they own the first selection.

The Beatles – Let it Be

Led Zeppelin – Immigrant Song

Rolling Stones – Sympathy for the Devil

U2 – Bloody Sunday

Written by KQµårk 死神

My PlanetPOV contact is [email protected] Proud Dem whose favorite hobby is cat herding. The GOP is not a political party, it's a personality disorder. Cancer, Heart Failure and Bush Survivor.

This is dedicated to Labour, LibDems, and all Britons:

Portishead -- Sour Times

I think Brown’s career and the promise of the Cleggmania are:

Sneaker Pimps -- 6 Underground

I’m sure some of you are:

Republica -- Ready To Go

And now you want to:

Chemical Brothers -- Get Yourself High

…I thought Chemical Bros w/ Noel Gallagher would have been cooler; but their ’embedding disabled’ bastards:

It’s all just a little bit of:

Propellerheads -- History Repeating (itself)

2. whatsthatsound says:

Love Will Tear Us Apart -- Joy Division

Leave Me Alone -- New Order

Death Or Glory -- The Clash

Pump It Up -- Elvis Costello

3. whatsthatsound says:

Roxy Music Virginia Plain

Batcave edition:

This is gonna need some set-up. So, Apparently there was this children’s morning show called “No. 73” in Britain. What ever the hell possessed them to book this band is beyond me (think Mick Jagger dressed as Dr. Frank-N-Furter). @3:00 they even do a little skit. That’s not the weirdest part. Gary Glitter is in the skit -- on this children’t show.

At least they didn’t play,

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Because it deserves its own post:

The March Violets -- Snake Dance (1984)

I can do Echo & The Bunnymen, Red Lorry Yellow Lorry, The Bolshoi, The Mission and Love & Rockets, The Cult, etc. some other time. I’m just thrilled I found this.

Synth edition:

Depeche Mode -- Policy of Truth

Mesh -- Trust You

Seize -- Don’t Let Me (Diskonnekted Mix)

Client -- Lights Go Out

Nitzer Ebb -- Control

VNV Nation -- Chrome

The Prodigy -- Firestarter [Aphex Twin-lite]

7. Blues Tiger says:

The Bee Gees Pre Disco -- Lonely Days

8. Blues Tiger says:

Tom Jones -- Treat Her Right (crazy ass dancing)

Joe Cocker -- A Little Help From My Friends -- Woodstock 1969

9. Blues Tiger says:

Free -- All Right Now

10. Blues Tiger says:

Ten Years After- I’m Going Home- Woodstock 1969

Foghat -- I Just Want to Make Love to You

Nazareth -- Hair Of The Dog

And of course

Uriah Heep-Stealing

Don’t Forget

HUMBLE PIE -- Thirty Days In A Hole

Oh and how about these lads

The Faces -- I’m Losing You

Ok, last one, somebody has to behave and clean this house. It was a toss up between me and the cats, I lost.

Lulu-To Sir with Love (Great film, Sidney was wonderful)

Swing Out sister-Am I the same girl

As far as I’m concerned, these guys deserve their place with the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones and The Who as revolutionary British progenitors of later music. I still can’t believe this was from 1970. I mean seriously, besides Art Rock like King Crimson and Pink Floyd, these guys were REALLY ahead of their time!!! Some say Zeppelin were the first Heavy Metal band… perhaps -- and I’m not at all saying any of these bands are better than the other, they are all Legend. Just that I give it up more for those who dared to be dark in the age of Hippies!

Why the sweet intro bass solo was cut from this, I don’t know…

Seriously. The music of the 90’s owes perhaps more to Sabbath than the Beatles, etc. But without the Beatles, where would the rest have come?

• KQ says:

They are brilliant.

To me Rap probably put American music over the top in the 90’s. It was hardly a product from Britain even though toward the end of the 90’s they added allot more techno. Rap owes it’s roots to Funk and R&B. But face it the most unique music in this country was created by African American artists including rock and roll.