AdLib On March - 26 - 2010
Categories: Vox Populi

1. javaz says:

Just wanted to add that I tried absinthe while in France, and I thought it looked like and tasted like cough syrup or NyQuil.

I do believe it was the favorite drink of Toulouse-Lautrec.

2. javaz says:

LMAO!

You guys had fun last night, and in fact, a very good discussion until, well, heck, even I feel as though I’ve contacted a virtual buzz from the last bits!

I agree with whoever said something about the Republicans aka The Tea Partiers framing the conversations about HCR and subverting the anger from the banks and Wall Street to anger against HCR.

We also allow the Republicans aka The Tea Partiers to frame our discussions on the issues, imho.

Monday should have been a day of celebration because HCR was approved despite the odds, yet I sensed an immediate downer from a great buzz by the threats coming from the right and their threats to repeal and blah-blah-blah.

The MSM is still allowing the Republicans aka The Tea Partiers to control the message of retribution, instead of reporting on the success of President Obama and the Democrats for passing historical HCR.

Monday morning, the MSM briefly covered the good points of HCR, but immediately focused on the anger and the hate from the right.

I agree with whoever said that the Democrats and the left need to get out there and celebrate a victory for Americans and even with the nasty threats coming from the right, we’ve got to somehow downplay it maybe or at the very least stay focused on the positive message of HCR and not be sidetracked, which is what the Republicans are so adept at doing.

Someone else said the excitement and positive energy from HCR is contagious and that is so true!

Hope that made sense.

3. KQuark says:

Anyone remember this funeral scene from James Bond?

4. choicelady says:

OK -- I did not understand ONE WORD of the first posts here. Sorry I missed Vox -- was at a dinner for Death Penalty Focus and Friends Committee on Legislation. Actually ate GOOD chicken, but clearly lost the thread of the entire Vox Populi Experience. Or this is a new planet, and I’m not speaking the language.

You technically savvy folks are awesome!

5. KQuark says:

A ??? ????? by any other name.

I have a much deserved break.

Thank you everyone for a thoughtful and hilarious edition tonight!