Vituperation On February - 28 - 2010
Categories: Arts & Entertainment, Film

1. escribacat says:

Wow, that is trippy! The dirt diggers had a very organic quality, like little animals.

• Chernynkaya says:

I thought that too, E’cat. Kind of like ants or burrowing critters.

Sometimes, when I am in a tall building looking down, I think about how well organized traffic looks, and how everyone follows the rules--at least from the vantage point of high up and away form the crowd.

2. TheRarestPatriot says:

Completely and totally blew me away! At 1st I didn’t know what I was looking at…honestly. It took me a minute to re-shuffle my brain into realizing this WASN’T miniatures! Unreal….
    Totally helps get a handle on just how fragile, yet invasive we are as a species….The God-like perspective really is amazing. There is a sort of poetry to this production and I hope everyone takes the time to seek this film out, download it and savor the beautiful intricacies of human nature.

3. Chernynkaya says:

Vituperation

“It’s a gift, and a curse.”

• Chernynkaya says:

Yes, Khirad, true. I do know that, but when I’m unable to focus and feel that there are too many interesting things that make my mind jump form one to the other, I sometimes feel I’d be better off able to obsess on just one thing!

It’s a catchphrase from this 😉 :

But yes, in all seriousness I’m sometimes able to harness my hyperfocus when my mind isn’t all over the place (as usual). It’s not lucidity, it’s straight-on-burned-in on something intensely. It’s not sustainable over a long enough time period or patient enough to create something like this, though.

• TheRarestPatriot says:

Hey Khirad…my artist friends over at OvationTV were discussing this phenom of hyperfocus as it pertains to artistry and it truly is astounding how many artists and creative souls share this condition (myself included) This condition is prominent with artists, musicians and critical thinkers. It’s maddening to have your brain speeding like a freight train on 100 different topics all at once. I wonder how many here at the Planet suffer from this as well?

Yes, “this condition” is very, very common among creative types and noncomformist thinkers. Hunters coping and adapting to a farmer’s world, I say. 😉

To top it off, I’m also a lefty (in both senses!).

• TheRarestPatriot says:

Yep..well, I go both ways. That is, ambidextrous. Interesting to say the least. I just wonder if we’re normal or hyper-normal…LOL~

• Chernynkaya says:

I like Monk! But his OCD is pretty mild. If I had OCD, I wouldn’t mind his brand of it. :-)

And, boy, I hear you about harnessing it for a long enough period of time! Yeah, I CAN focus, but never long enough to accomplish anything like that video. Funny thing about focus is how it is such an out-of-body experience— pure alpha wave. There are times when I am painting or drawing that I realize after I’m done that I haven’t been “here” at all! I love that.

OMG! I remember those days! I would sit down to draw, and next thing I know the sun set, I didn’t notice, and six hours have gone by! Truly, time is relative. And it was almost like waking up from a dream, to resituate yourself to the world around you.