AdLib On February - 19 - 2010
Categories: Vox Populi

This stuck out at me:

George Pauk, UUCP’s march organizer, wrote, “As Unitarian Universalists our principles call us to stand up and witness for people who are racially profiled, for communities targeted and terrorized, and for children traumatized by Arpaio’s ‘sweeps’ and raids.” Pauk continued,

2. javaz says:

Another thing about Arizona, is that McCain is running once again for the Senate, and his rival is JD Hayworth, and JD was a 6 term Congressman, but he’s running on the Teabagger Party now for the Senate.

JD never ever placed a piece of legislation to help Arizonans, but he did vote for the bridge to nowhere, and he was involved in the Abramoff scandal.

McCain was part of the Keating 5, and we all know McCain’s history.

There is no Democrat running.

WTF?

Argh.

Don’t you think that the DNC should at least try to run a candidate here?

Don’t get me started. I would love for Hayworth to win… except we never bothered running anyone! Put of Goddard or something at least. Just for shits and giggles.

• SueInCa says:

Hayworth was involved with Abramoff, nuff said

• SueInCa says:

If only to make those two work harder and to water down the vote……………

• SueInCa says:

You know Javaz, this atmosphere you speak of is exactly what the religious right wants to do in this entire nation. They will tel you that religious persons will be persecuted for their religion when they cannot wait to get in to power to start the persecution themselves. If they can do it in AZ, they can do it elsewhere. If you see this type of “restriction of freedom” or “privacy being violated” you can bet your ass that there is a rightwing religious freak in the background pulling the strings. Do some checking on your elected officials or give me some names and I will track them down. Dollars to donuts they have a rightwing religious background. In fact a big group of the Third Wave is in Ariona.

• Blues Tiger says:

Same thing is happening here Coburn is running unopposed…

3. javaz says:

Okay, am breathing in and breathing out slowly and picturing my happy place, but honest to God or Dog, you would not even begin to imagine the corruption and the racist bigotry.

I’ll work on an article and take my time doing it, and try to the best of my ability to lay it all out.

I’ve written previously about Sheriff Joe, and even stated then that maybe I shouldn’t have, because this could cost me.

But maybe this, maybe I should take a chance -- when I write the article you will understand where my paranoia comes from and is relevant.

I’m going to work on it and hopefully open some eyes.

• SueInCa says:

If you want, you can put it under my name. I am not bound by AZ jurisdiction.

Very cool and we should definitely promote the article where we can once it’s up to spread awareness.

• javaz says:

I’m a paranoid person, but I think you already know that, and even the one time that I wrote an article here freaked me out, because it meant that it was out there, and Sheriff Joe and the AG of Maricopa County could find me.

My paranoia on this topic is not without its merits.

Andrew Thomas is running for the AG of AZ, and well, it’s scary, and hopefully I can write an article that conveys that my fears are not unwarranted.

Just as in the 50’s and 60’s and during the civil rights movement -- well -- no one is going to lynch me, but they could make my life hell.

Isn’t it awful to even think that way in 2010?

It is awful to think that way but if you prefer, I’d be happy to post it under my username on your behalf. Or we could create a new user with no history just for that purpose.

• javaz says:

Thank you and I might take you up on that, and I’ll tell you why.

Sheriff Joe and Andrew Thomas -- the AG of Maricopa County -- in the middle of the night arrested reporters from the New Times and then tried to get warrants from the New Times online so that they could track everyone who logged into the New Times, and not only that, but track the records from where folks had logged in before and then after.

The only reason that they released the reporters and stopped their desire was because of public outrage.

It went viral, and people from all over the country and other countries logged into the New Times, and dared them to track them.

• PatsyT says:

That is real to be feeling that and I am sure that you are not the only one.

4. javaz says:

I guess that we were supposed to talk about health care reform, and I am not going to apologize, but there were other Arizonans on that thread, and honestly, it’s unreal what it is happening in this state.

J’avaz has an amazingly extensive collection of stories about Arizona and Sheriff Joe. Loads of links. She’s been following this for years. Scary stuff.

Seriously, I really want to feature that here at The Planet. I’m so outraged, it’s all jelled for me now, I really see what’s going on and I am furious.

• javaz says:

I’ve written so much about it and do regular updates on the TO/OT thread, and now you’re going to make me find it all, but I do actually follow it, because for some reason, it means a lot to me.

6. PatsyT says:

I am thinking that there should be a film …. a planet production perhaps?

7. AuntieChrist says:

The cowardice of conservatives on full display: