boomer1949 On February - 14 - 2010
Categories: Speakers' Corner

Written by boomer1949

...do the right thing because it is the right thing to do... Political Views: neutral...lean toward humanity

1. Chernynkaya says:

I remember when my son first started dating. He said he hated Valentine’s Day because every time it came around, he’d ask the current girlfriend what she wanted for Valentine’s Day, and each one would get mad at him for asking.

I told him that women love to be surprised, and that he should just think of something romantic.

But he said, “Look, I want to make her happy. I want to get her something she really wants or take her someplace she thinks is special. And she gets mad at me for that--for asking and not knowing?”

I had to say, I did see his point.

• SueInCa says:

Cher
      Left a message for you and Bito in Authors Cafe 1

I agree with your son, I would rather hint(specific lol) or have him ask. My husband never forgets, even if only a card. I am the forgetful one. My sister called us on our anniversary a few years ago in the evening, and we both had forgotten.

• Chernynkaya says:

Sue, I went to Author’s Cafe but there was no cafe 1. Was it under an article in the Cafe? Now I am desperate to read it!

• SueInCa says:

Actually it would not c&p over so I have to send in an email. The directions are in author’s cafe, second article from the bottom
          Author’s Cafe 1. I have all the pugs highlighted for both of you. I am sure it is going to come in handy for many things.

I had to say, I did see his point.

He speaks for all of us. Imagine if we were to pick wrong… I mean, part of it is paying attention to her, listening and picking up hints, etc. But it really depends on where you are in your relationship. And sometimes, you ladies can be a little too cryptic. Also, I’ve tried this the other way around, and women are often no more suited at picking up our hints, so… c’mon. Help a guy out to help you.

2. javaz says:

Did everyone have a nice Valentine’s Day?

My husband made dinner -- turkey and stuffing with baked sweet potatoes, and I baked a cake for him.

Sat outside on the patio reading and playing with the dog.
    Very nice and pleasant day.
    Perfect!

3. Chernynkaya says:

Tough Trivia! Romantic Movie Quotes

4. PepeLepew says:

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Dark chocolate and pink Doc Martens!

5. PepeLepew says:

Ignore this one…. :)

6. BigDogMom says:

Happy Valintine’s Day everyone!

7. escribacat says:

You’re a sweetie, boomer. I didn’t realize they had updated those candies to say “tweet me.”