KQµårk 死神 On February - 9 - 2010

In the clearest signal yet that DADT is on it’s way to being repealed Lt Choi has been called back to active duty. This development along with positive hearings in Congress on repealing DADT shows the Clinton/Powell DADT policy will be reversed. Top military brass gave candid and sometimes passionate, for them, testimony of why the DADT policy should be repealed. Colin Powell has even come out against his old policy opinions. It seems like just a matter of time where this discriminatory policy will be reversed.

Dan Choi Back on Active Duty

Gay military rights advocate Lt. Dan Choi has been called back into active duty, he told The Advocate in a phone interview Tuesday. Photographer Jeff Sheng, who recently turned his lens on active gay and lesbian service members for a book about “don’t ask, don’t tell,” originally reported the news on Bilerico.com.

Choi was scheduled to appear at the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force’s Creating Change conference over the weekend but instead rejoined his unit in Pennsylvania. Choi said his commander called him personally, asking him to return.

“Initially, I sensed a feeling of territorialism,” he said. “They were like, ‘That’s right, he came back to us!'”

Written by KQµårk 死神

My PlanetPOV contact is kquark@planetpov.com Proud Dem whose favorite hobby is cat herding. The GOP is not a political party, it's a personality disorder. Cancer, Heart Failure and Bush Survivor.

1. darleneslee says:

Whey are Americans so obsessed with the sex lives of other people? It has always made me wonder if they were missing something in there’s.

2. PepeLepew says:

This is the dumbest law Clinton ever signed … and I’m including NAFTA in that statement…

What is it McGrumpy said, if the military brass told him that DADT was not a good idea, he would reconsider it, so when the top brass tell him face to face that it has to change, he says it is up to Congress to decide and he personally hasn’t been informed. Contrary Mary?

This man is losing any thread of respect he has ever gained. I think that he needs a course of Ginko supplement. No wonder he and Sloppy Joe are such great friends, they both can’t keep their word or promises straight.

4. Mightywoof says:

Congratulations to Lt. Choi and all those men and women who were so disgracefully rejected by the military. What a wonderful day for human rights and common decent humanity -- *applause*

Edited to add: Gay marriage next -- right?? :)

5. escribacat says:

Hooray for Lt. Choi. He is like those brave little kids who first walked up the steps of the white school in the South. Hopefully, he won’t be surrounded by jeering crowds like they were.

6. boomer1949 says:

The repeal of DADT is long, long, long, veeeeery long overdue.

When my daughters were quite young and unable to care for themselves, there were two, only two, individuals I would have trusted to raise them in my absence; my cousin and his partner. No, not my parents, no not my siblings, and no not my in-laws, but let’s not go there; a different topic for a different day.

My girls have always known this (or at least the younger has). My cousin and his partner? Never had a clue. Why? Because I never told them and, for this, I am sorry; profoundly sorry. These two men would have had an extraordinary influence on my kids. So M & R, should you happen to read this, I have always respected you for you and not what the rest of the family expected or, God forbid, never acknowledged, then or now. God Bless you both; R & K would have thrived in your care.

7. SanityNow says:

I was in the USAF before DADT and I knew many, many gay and lesbian service members. They served as well or better than all. Most everyone knew and most everyone made no issue of it at all.

DADT is on its deathbed and there will be no DNR for it.

“Choi said his commander called him personally, asking him to return.

Choi told The Advocate that he felt welcomed back by his fellow guardsmen in his infantry unit.”

Doesn’t sound like there’s any kind of “morale problem” there! Despite what the righties would have folks believe.

9. javaz says:

This is great news and I sure hope DADT is repealed.
    It sure seems as though this is the beginning.