AdLib On February - 5 - 2010
Categories: Vox Populi

1. PatsyT says:

Someone asked me why I like this blogging stuff
    I respond with the following….
    None of my friends want to talk about this stuff as much as I need to.
    My kids have to go out in that world and I want to help it be a great one.
    I can not trust the MSM.
    This keeps my mind sharp.
    It’s better then a crossword puzzle.
    The fellow bloggers are so much fun.
    and so on…

• escribacat says:

Patsy, I was just telling someone tonight that I had a lot more in common with the folks here than I do with the folks in my “walking” life. It’s kind of strange.

I know it sounds sad to say it aloud, but I know what you mean. Part of it is idealization -- would we get along in real life? But part of the beauty of the net, is that it does bring together people who might not have thought they had much in common.

In any case, yes, I do feel closer with y’all sometimes than in my walking life. It’s our interests and passions. Most people in real life hate talking politics…

• PatsyT says:

Not that strange at all there are some serious common interests here.
        That can really pull people together.

At the risk of sounding like a ditto-head, Patsy, I say “ditto.”

But now it’s 1 a.m. here in the snow belt, so it’s off to bed. Just hope I don’t dream about choicelady’s image of Scotty Brown in white go-go boots and his birthday suit…… 😥

• BigDogMom says:

Patsy, your not alone, there are a great number of political bloggers out there that feel the same as you, myself for one.
      Does keep ones mind sharp, but I still do my crossword puzzles!

Lately, I have seen more an more political blogs pop up, small ones like ours and if you read the main ones like daily kos and think progress, there seems to be much more posters than in the past.

People are upset and want to talk about it and sometimes they have no one that they can talk to at home.

2. BigDogMom says:

I heard tonight, before falling asleep on the couch, that there were only 600 in attendence at the Tea Party Conference today, they wont even break even at that rate.

Maybe tomorrow night will be better for them, what with the princess speaking and all…hope they lose money on the thing.

3. BigDogMom says:

I just had to log off and come back in because everyone’s AV was over their names…weird.

The chat software uses a bit of memory and of course cache so if anyone’s system is low on memory or cache or there’s a cache issue, that can contribute.

That could be the case with our server too, it might need a reboot.

Sorry for the problems this time around, you weren’t alone.

4. escribacat says:

During the chat, I was suddenly unable to post. I tried clearing cache, restarting Firefox, and rebooting the laptop. But every time I returned and typed “Test,” my comment came out like this:

Info: I DON’T LIKE SPAM !!!

Honest. It was apparent that I was the only one who could see it, because you all just kept chatting along. Is this like a new version of “Gaslight?” If so, I am too clever for you. I took a screen shot of it in case nobody believes me. So there.

escrib, just checked with the site that designed the software and they specifically said that the “spam” issue is caused by a cache issue. Try clearing your cache again then closing and reopening Firefox.

Feel free to go back to Vox Populi and try to post a test comment. Let me know if it works or not.

• escribacat says:

Adlib — went back and checked and it worked fine. I cleared cache again — but it’s strange because I tried it before several times, then restarted Firefox, tried to come back on Chrome (couldn’t see the comments entry box), then restarted the laptop. The only thing different now is that nobody else is there. Who knows. These things happen.

e’cat, there was a period after I arrived (late) when everything slowed waaay down. Then, I lost the whole thread--just white space. Then the whole site went away. But when I logged on again things were all right. I thought it was just my computer. So sorry we missed you!

• PatsyT says:

Major bummer ecat Are we being infiltrated by pirates ?

That is weird!!! I will check the settings but I have no explanation for that! Sorry escrib! It was okay when we started, I saw your “hi”. I will get it fixed by next week!