Kirk On January - 23 - 2010
Categories: Speakers' Corner

Written by Kirk

Disillusioned Observer

Welcome, Kirk!

Welcome, Kirk! I’m currently battling with my computer and Fedora to be able to see your artwork and hear the music; but from others’ comments I gather both are wonderful! So glad that you’ve managed to escape Huffy. This is a “whole other Planet!”

I’ve just realized that I forgot to welcome you to the Planet, for some reason I thought that you were already here.

Welcome to the Planet Kirk Wassell and hope you enjoy it here. We tend to be a diverse group, but all share the common goal of righting wrongs and adding our voices, whether quietly or loudly, to make this world a better place.

4. boomer1949 says:

Welcome Kirk,

This is the coolest place on the Planet (no pun intended). You will find this a warm and accepting environment, AND if you aren’t around for a few days someone will surely notice.

Once again — welcome!! :smile:

• Kirk Wassell says:

Kalima, Boomer and all the rest of you, Thanks.

I feel like I just re-connected with long lost friends.

This is the place, I am here to stay as long as you’ll have me.

Hold on to your saddles, and ride em cowpeople(pc).

5. Hopeington says:

Kirk, I was just about to ask if you if you are the Kirk Wassel on
    Fine Art America?
    But it looks like Tiger beat me to it? We are a curious bunch!!!
    Half of us probably googled you!
    If it is you, 2 of my favorites are 3 trees and Sacred Path. Beautiful work!

6. Hopeington says:

Welcome Kirk, and thanks for the very thought provoking song!
    What I love about the Planet is the diverse group of folks here.
    I learn something new everyday and yeah, you have to be careful, it’s very addictive, though I never feel like I’ve wasted my time.
    I’m always curious, how did you find PlanetPOV?

• Kirk Wassell says:

Well, I just returned, saw the nice comments, so let me respond.

I came here after following a link from Nicole473 who I connected with on a Huffington Post topic.

I am an artist, and glad you enjoy my work. Also, glad you enjoyed the song, it was a very cathartic experience to write and perform it. I love the art of performing, putting yourself out there, being vulnerable, you can learn so much by being vulnerable. Being an artist or writer is being able to practice being vulnerable, I find it so freeing. Ooops, I have to watch myself or I will be writing 10 page comments.

As far as becoming a member of this distinguished group of thinkers, it is my privilege. I hope to learn and contribute on many different levels.

Thanks for the welcome, one and all.

7. Kirk Wassell says:

Thanks Kalima,

I am new here and find the level of discourse most invigorating and exciting. What a great forum for creative thinkers to share there ideas and get feedback from others who value freedom to express constructive thoughts and actions etc. Thanks once again.

Thank you for your message, it touched me deeply.