SueInCa On January - 21 - 2010

Well folks, now we have it, a bonafide all white basketball league trying to start playing as early as this summer.  The league is being put together by Don “Moose” Lewis as “fundemental basketball” as opposed to the “street ball” played in the NBA.

And there is one other special addition to the rules for this league, only WHITE, natural born with caucasian parents citizens can play in this league.  No foreigners, no blacks, no chinese, no hispanics, no muslims, no indians.  So there should be no question that certain people in this country would definitely like to take us back to pre-1964 when the Civil Rights Act was signed.  The mayor of Augusta Georgia has turned the league down for play in his city.  I think he has the right idea when he said, he could not support a league of this sort when the city has come so far to instill a spirit of inclusiveness that he has worked so hard to foster.  The founder of this league had this to say,

There’s nothing hatred about what we’re doing,” he told the Augusta Chronicle. “I don’t hate anyone of color. But people of white American-born citizens [sic] are in the minority now. Here’s a league for white players to play fundamental basketball, which they like.” — have made the creation of all-white teams a necessity.

Lewis told the paper he defines “fundamental basketball” as different from the “street-ball” played by “people of color,” and claimed recent scandals in professional basketball — such as the gun charges dogging Washington Wizards guard Gilbert Arenas

Written by SueInCa

I am a soon to be 59 Nana to Anthony who is 11. I live in Benicia CA with my husband and Shih Tsu. I worked in Banking and the Financial Industry for 24 years in Fraud, Risk Management, Account Management, Program Management, Project Management and Customer Service. I was a Fraud Investigator for Credit Card and Merchant Business and investigated internal fraud and responded to Bank robberies. I was also management in most of these positions. Now I am content to find a part time job where I am just a worker bee, no more corporate BS for this gal. I also make jewelry. I can spend hours in a bead shop just touching all the fine baubles. Only another beader would understand that one.

Go White Lightning! Go Pale ‘Uns! Go Miami Rush (they’re a Blitzkrieg!), and the Washington Grand Wizards!

2. Suzanne525 says:

Just as I figured! My explanation all along for why so many people can’t tolerate Obama has been the slow “takeover” of sports by non-whites. Basketball, football and track domination by blacks was tolerated because there was still tennis, golf, hockey, etc. Now we have Tiger dominating golf & the Williams sisters dominating tennis.

Blacks were kept from voting for a hideously long time, but after voting rights were won, we started to see blacks being elected. I’m sure that was hard to accept by some people, but still, it wasn’t like we had a black President! Oh wait, now we do!!

So, it is only a matter of time before more idiots propose an “all white football league” and progress to an “all white Congress” because they “don’t like the elements” that blacks brought to those institutions!!

This is almost too stupid to be taken seriously, yet I know people who are serious about it.

Love the team names! Birmingham Birthers, anyone?

3. LABC63 says:

Oh, sweet Jebus…I liked rednecks better when they sat at a bar from 1:00pm to last man standing, drinking. When they start thinking, it is like working without tools.

4. boomer1949 says:

Added my two cents before I read everyone, and all I have to say about all of your comments is:

5. whatsthatsound says:

I’m total agree with this perposal. I’m not prejudice, but what non-white people of done to the game of basketball is a tapestry! I hold no ill wheel tord nobody!

6. nellie says:

Instead of the Washington Wizards, they can call themselves the Grand Wizards.

7. KevenSeven says:

Holy shit. Please tell me this is satire.

8. escribacat says:

The other requirement is that you must be illiterate.

“And there is one other special addition to the rules for this league, only WHITE, natural born with caucasian parents citizens can play in this league. No foreigners, no blacks, no chinese, no hispanics, no muslims, no indians.”

Who are the bloody “foreigners” pray tell?

Hey Mr. Lewis, there are no white people. We are mostly just a different shade of pink and tend to turn a bit pasty when we die. I believe that you will no doubt be the deepest shade of fuchsia when more people hear about this cock up of yours.

10. VegasBabe says:

Who would they play? Is this to be an effort for cities across the nation?

Suggested team names for this league:

1. The Dukes of David
    2. The Ivory Snows
    3. The Dropouts
    4. The FlatEarths
    5. The TrailerParks
    6. The LowBrows
    7. The Klansmen
    8. The CantJumps
    9. The Custards
    10. The Republicans

12. KQuark says:

Fucking GA. 👿 I can’t believe I live in this fucking redneck state.

Sorry about my redneck culture xenophobia but you’ve got to be kidding me if this is real.

KQ, fear not. I had a close friend who lived in S. Carolina (had moved there from the north) and she had the same feeling. She had good reason.

She passed away a year ago. Not so much from her illness, as from S. Carolina’s lack of health care, after she had gone through all her money battling the disease. She could never get the meds the doctor actually ordered. Only cheap, ineffective stuff on the approved list. Well, you get the picture. She was not a fan of southern “culture.”

Her great joy was that she lived long enough to vote for Obama. She didn’t make it to see the inauguration, though. She was often the object of well-intentioned religious proselytizers in the course of her illness. Nice folks-- who didn’t want their taxes to go up, however, in the cause of better health care for their neighbors.

• KQuark says:

Sorry to hear about your friend K. The funny part is my cardiologist is a staunch Republican but donates his time to me. My ICD treatment last year before the one I have now was all donated or written off including hospital stay, surgery and the device. This one not so much luck. We are working on getting the hospital to put me on charity status again and I have no idea yet if they donated the devise. It’s amazing my cardiologist is that charitable for me personally but does not want universal healthcare.

KQ, we have neighbors (like j’avaz’s neighbors) who are the salt of the earth when it comes to being kind to people they know…and deem “worthy” of help. Anyone else, though, in their Republican world, can fend for him/herself. What a paradox, no?

• nellie says:

A guy on the radio this morning said the next step is an all black hockey league!

13. TheRarestPatriot says:

…long pregnant pause…camera cuts back to live action Bill Cosby from Fat Albert with a gaping, open mouth…

Cosby Dialogue:

“Well, …I’ll be…looks like the gang is gonna’ have their hands full learning the fundamentals!”

Split cut to animated street ball scene of the Fat Albert gang frozen in place…staring at camera…jaws dropped…..ball rolling away….

Albert Dialogue:

“Hey, hey , hey…ummmmm…..got nothin’ to say….”…

fin~

14. Tiger99 says:

Don’t be surprised when you see these movies in next summers Box Office:
    “A League Of Our Own 2”
    “White Men Really Can’t Dunk”
    “It Ain’t Right But Its White”
    “Born To Dribble”

I wonder if they require the “Bellamy Salute” during the National Anthem?