AdLib On January - 14 - 2010

Return to Home Page

This post is made in the new category of ProjectPOV. This category is solely for the use of Authors to collaborate on projects of any kind for The Planet.

This is a private category for Authors. Non-members and members who are not Authors can’t access or read the posts or comments here. Authors will also be able to see new posts made in this category under Recent Posts but non-members and non-Authors won’t.

ProjectPOV can be found under the Authors Cafe heading at the top, just place your cursor on Authors Cafe and ProjectPOV will appear under it, available to be clicked.

There is much we can accomplish together, thanks for contributing however you can.

UPDATE:

The Recent Comments widget is fixed! All posts and comments in this ProjectPOV category are private from the public and anyone who is not an Author here at PlanetPOV.

Categories: ProjectPOV

1. PatsyT says:

Super great idea. why give the enemy your coordinates.
    That is the feeling I get.
    There are lurkers or trolls that are on re-con and looking for strategies,
    This is sometimes very funny to me.
    I think of the film Dr Zhivago when Komarovsky said “They shoot counter revolutionaries”
    Sometimes you wonder -who is who?
    I am a busy mom of three but happy to help in any way I can.

Great idea AdLib. I was going to mention making nellie’s post private yesterday and then someone rang on my doorbell and the thought flew out of my head as I answered the door.

I need a dose of Ginko please, things are really bad when you have Post-its up all around the house. :(

A HEAD’S UP:

This category and the posts in it are restricted from viewing by the public and non-Authors.

However, the Recent Comments widget is not working as it should, it is not currently excluding the comments on posts here as it is supposed to. I will fix that shortly but in the meantime, please keep in mind that excerpts from comments here are appearing publicly.

BTW, If anyone but an Author clicks on a Recent Comment from this category, they still will not be able to view the comment in full or this post.

I will update here once I have fixed that, thanks!

UPDATE:

The Recent Comments widget is fixed!!! Comments here will not appear publicly nor can the general public or non-Authors access the posts and comments here!

4. SueInCa says:

It is amazing the brilliance that has been turning out at this site. To the founders and all contributors, my deepest gratitude, you make me think everyday. Like Boomer told me, knowledge is power and I am aiming for Wonder Woman.

5. nellie says:

Thanks, AdLib.

I think it’s a great idea to make this private. I’ve been a little concerned about our work being viewed by the public, especially as we start to pull things together. I’ve been concerned that other sites might try to steal our thunder or preempt what we’re doing with some other campaign. That may be overreacting on my part — but you never know.

What do you think of moving the most recent ProjectPOV Brainstorming post into this category?

6. escribacat says:

Hey Adlib, I didn’t realize there was more than one category of poster here. I remember reading something about it but I don’t get how to end up in one category or another.

All new members are assigned the role of Contributor. Our policy has been that once a Contributor writes an article that displays their genuine interest in expressing themselves on meaningful issues, they are often promoted to the role of Author.

However, as we grow, we may need to limit the number of Authors or the number of Front Page articles we can fairly serve at one time.

Ah, the problems that come with success!

That you’re here has partially answered that question, hopefully. 😉

7. Emerald1943 says:

Adlib,

Wonderful! I hope you can make this a category on the top nav-bar so that it doesn’t get lost as the most recent posts scroll down…kinda’ like Author’s Cafe. I am sure that SueinCa and I will make good use of it as we work on our little project.

Thanks! You guys are always thinkin’ ahead! Good going!

8. Chernynkaya says:

Am I a member? I never paid a membership fee. 😳 I am an author, though ( at least I write), and have already done some work on this project! How do I become a member? I love this work!