AdLib On January - 12 - 2010

Our members and visitors have spoken!

Among the remarkable array of thoughtful, enlightening and clever articles that appeared on this site in 2009, the following articles have been voted as favorites.

There were too many fantastic articles to nominate them all and those that were nominated all received votes as being favorites. If you haven’t read all of these great articles, please visit our Nominees Page.

So, without further ado, here are the winners of PlanetPOV’s Top Posts of 2009:

TOP HUMOR:

————————————————————

TOP ART AND MULTIMEDIA:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXj-3pOcCbk[/youtube]

————————————————————

TOP FEATURE CREATED BY A MEMBER:

Congratulations to all of our bloggers, nominees and winners for making it a spectacular 2009 at The Planet!

Categories: PlanetPOV

1. AlphaBitch says:

So……was I the only one dressed formally for the occasion?? Geez, now I’ve got to return the jewels and dress……

• bitohistory says:

Alpha, I have clean sweats on!!

• AlphaBitch says:

Bito: I’m crawling into some nice warm jammies even as I type. (I learned to change clothes while driving as a teen; don’t do it anymore, and don’t even approve of cell phones being used while operating cars! Still, it came in handy when leaving the beach to meet the cute surfer dude for dinner….)

*Sniff* -- is that Gain you are wearin’ on those sweats?

LOL Pepe, sudden death shootout!

3. Hopeington says:

Congratulations to our winners!!!
    And a big round of applause for everyone at Planet POV
    What an incredible unique array of brilliant minds, coming together for intelligent and informative text and offering up an entertaining display of diverse talents.
    I look forward to the coming year.

Just got home and opened up the envelope! Congratulations to all the very deserving winners,from the bottom of my heart as well as from the chilly bottom of the heartland here…. in the Land of Ken Blackwell and Diebold voting machines….

Seriously--so much talent packed into one little Planet! Thanks to all Planetarians for their brains, their wit, their compassion, their wisdom. To infinity and beyond….!

5. KQuark says:

Congrats to all the winners it was so tough to pick the best post because there were so many excellent entries. With over 500 posts in less than six months and only a few months of full membership this year should be an amazing year. I know I’ve read several posts already that could be up for consideration.

Better late than never I suppose. Congratulations to one and all. Also to all those nominated and those not nominated this time around. Thank you all so much for your wonderful and interesting efforts, they have all been such a pleasure to read.

A note to my fellow members, I am honored, humbled and a bit self-conscious about being the winner in multiple categories.

Just wanted to mention that 2009 is a bit of an anomalous year. As the first members, the Founders wrote far more articles than anyone else last year thus had more chances.

We discussed whether we should recuse ourselves from being nominated but felt that since we are all members of the community here, let the community decide from all the posts here which they wanted to vote for.

That’s one reason we asked for members to nominate their and other members’ posts.

And, I suppose the butterfly ballot here didn’t help…I didn’t even know that Pat Buchanan wrote an article for The Planet and I must say I’m surprised how many votes he got!

• escribacat says:

Adlib, Just cool it with the funny stuff and maybe you won’t win any more.

• AlphaBitch says:

Long live the Planet! and stay away from Pepe’s rear….he wanted a “shootout” w/ Khirad!

I’m proud to be a member, even if not here as much as I would like. I love to check in a few times a day, just to increase my knowledge base.

I love all the community here and am proud to be a Planetarian! Go us!

• javaz says:

Aw, no humbleness allowed, AdLib!
      You earned every single award!
      Bravo!
      (they don’t sell Wheatina in my area, so maybe you could share?)

• boomer1949 says:

AdLib,

Hello!?!

We all know it’s your direct line to the “God” guy. Jeeze how uniformed do you think we are?

Oh and btw — I for one think it was a conspiracy from the very beginning. :-)

It is a conspiracy. I learned a very important lesson, if you want to win, always try to give an all powerful deity a stake in your winning.

• Chernynkaya says:

That, and next time, I’m voting for myself and enlisting my family! 😉

• javaz says:

Funny you mention that, as my husband joined and wrote that article and he blogged for a bit and will blog more, and he asked me where to go to vote for my articles!
            LOL
            I told him he can’t do that, because it would be cheating!
            But next time, the gloves come off!!
            Heck, maybe even my dog will register and then he can vote, too!

It’s not wrong or cheating to have spouses or family members voting for you.

A side benefit of having something like this event is to interest and attract more people to The Planet.

Everyone is welcome to participate here!

• Chernynkaya says:

A woman after my own heart!

• Emerald1943 says:

Yep! I know how this thing worked! There are HANGING CHADS all over the place!! LMAO

Congrats, Adlib! Fantastic job! The voters have spoken!

Aw, just because I used the Katherine Harris Accounting Program to tally the votes, people assume the worst.

It was interesting that I received more votes on my posts than voters, that’s why I needed this program, counting votes is so complicated.

8. Emerald1943 says:

OMG! Javaz didn’t get the Jelly-of-the-Month Club Grand Prize! OMG!!!
    This is terrible! What a travesty!! We may need to do an “intervention”! A calamity for sure!! LMAO Just kidding, Javaz! :-)

Seriously, I was blown away by the amazing talent here when I read these articles! My heartiest congratulations to all the winners!
    Let’s do this again next year! Kudos to all!

• javaz says:

😆

It’s all good since the BEST authors won!

• Emerald1943 says:

Hi there, Javaz! Glad to see you! I hope you didn’t take my kidding the wrong way! Just teasing you! :-)

You are right! There are some amazing writers here and I enjoyed every single article! I was humbled to have been nominated and to be included in such a group! But I have to tell you…I really wanted that year’s supply of Clorox Clean-Up! LOL

• javaz says:

No, you can tease me all you want, Em!
          Seeing your uplifting greetings on the PPOV always cheer me up and make my day!
          I think you should have won a “Ms. Congeniality” award!

9. Pashma says:

Congratulations!

10. whatsthatsound says:

Congratulations to all winners! And of course the biggest winner is the Planet itself!

Just woke up. No sarcasm to add to this. Coffee first.

11. SueInCa says:

Congratulations to all!

12. PepeLepew says:

Co-winner?

That’s like kissing my sister! I demand a sudden death shootout!

13. bitohistory says:

Congrats to all and my thanks to all members for informing, enlightening and entertaining me with all the posts and great comments. Now everyone wiggle your Planetears. 😀

14. escribacat says:

My head is so big right now I can’t get out of the house. Thanks everyone. I just realized that someone on HP called me a “pigger” (I believe the cretin thinks I’m a cop) and this is much better!! I am blown away by the rest of the writing on this site and I’m honored.

And congrats to you other brilliant Planetarians. We are Planetarians, hear us roar!

• Chernynkaya says:

Good. Stay in the house and write more! I loved that Rashamon piece (voted for it in fact.) Same for the greyhound one!

• escribacat says:

Thanks, Cher. I’ve been a bit negligent lately because of a ridiculous deadline I signed up for. I am always eagerly looking for your pieces too!