AdLib On January - 10 - 2010

We are thrilled to announce that The Planet has published its 500th post! And who has the honor of authoring the 500th member-published article on PlanetPOV?

Why, none other than…

…Scheherazade! With her article:

Judge Rejects “Necessity Defense” a Second Time, but Manslaughter Ruling Now Possible

Congratulations Scheherazade, please accept as your prize a lifetime supply of Wheatena!

And a huge thank you to all of our members who wrote the posts and comments that lead us to this milestone! The champagne is on me (first round only, cash bar afterwards but we do validate parking).

Categories: PlanetPOV

1. BigDogMom says:

Congrats Scher…I love Wheatena, oatmeal, grits and hot breakfast cereal….you lucky girl!

2. nellie says:

Congratulations, Scheherazade! With all the writing you do for PlanetPOV, you certainly earned your Wheatina! :green:

3. Questinia says:

Adlib,

A lifetime supply of Wheatena is indeed something we ALL could use right now, don’t you think?

4. Scheherazade says:

Wow! I’ve really been out of the breakfast loop!

Wheatena
    […]
    In the film Caddyshack, assistant greenskeeper Carl Spackler mutters to the head greenskeeper (whose nationality is Scottish), “I’ll fill your bagpipes with Wheatena.”

In the episode

But you yam what you yam…

” alt=”wheatena” />

…or else…

” alt=”wheatena2″ />

• Questinia says:

… and what about Maypo?!

Well, I say this conscientious of impropriety and not wishing to be presumptuous but I WANT MY MAYPO!!!

• Questinia says:

In the immortal words of John Lee Hooker-cum-Adlib :

Well I ain’t seen my bowl since I don’t know when,
          I’ve been eating Maypo, Wheatina, oatmeal and grain
          Gonna get full man I’m gonna get stuffed,
          Need me a triple shot of that rough(age)
          Gonna get full don’t you have no disdain
          I want one Maypo, one oatmeal and one grain
          One Maypo, one oatmeal, one grain.

5. Scheherazade says:

You know what’s wild? I had never heard of this stuff until now. 😯 I hope I like it! 😀

• Questinia says:

Wheatena is the most versatile of foods. Pure manna!

LEMONY CEREAL-COATED CHICKEN

1/2 c. Wheatena cereal
      1/4 c. oat bran cereal
      2 tbsp. chopped parsley
      1 tbsp. coarsely grated lemon peel
      3/4 tsp. salt
      1/2 tsp. paprika
      2 egg whites
      1 tbsp. water
      1 broiler fryer, about 2 1/2 lb., quartered and skinned
      Lemon slices and parsley springs for garnish; optional

Mix cereals, parsley, lemon peel, salt, and paprika. Beat egg whites and water until foamy. Dip chicken in egg whites mixture, then roll in cereal mixture, pressing firmly to coat. Place skin side down in lightly greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan. Bake in preheated 375 degrees for 45 minutes, turning once, or until chicken is fork-tender and coating well browned. Garnish with lemon slices and parsley. Makes 4 servings.

6. PepeLepew says:

Scher gets all the cool prizes!

😆

Gosh that was quick, congratulations!

“We’ve come a long way baby!”

It seems like only yesterday we were celebrating our 300th. Have I been spinning out of orbit for long??

Congratulations Scheherazade, you’ve gotten a good dent on your own way to 1,001 and beyond!

One might say, you’re getting closer… 😉

9. PatsyT says:

Congrats Scher,
    You got something you can eat!
    My family won’t eat anything I cook with this Motor Oil !

Congratulations, Scher!

And Wheatina is awesome! Especially with lots of bacon.

11. KevenSeven says:

Darn!

And so close!

Hey, I want you to know that Beyonce had just about the best music video of all time…….