KQµårk 死神 On January - 1 - 2010

Even though I called the Friday music thread “Planet Dance Party” to celebrate the start of 2010, consider this a free form music thread where anything that strikes your fancy goes.

[dailymotion]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2d327_c-c-music-factory-gonna-make-you-sw_music[/dailymotion]

[dailymotion]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xb6q05_bananarama-venus-mtv-1986_music[/dailymotion]

[dailymotion]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcuu9_chemical-brothers-block-rockin-beat_music[/dailymotion]

[dailymotion]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2767r_biz-markie-just-a-friend_music[/dailymotion]

[dailymotion]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xl8gz_ready-to-go_music[/dailymotion]

A funny story about the last band Republica.  My wife and I saw them in an alternative club called “The Milk Bar” in Jacksonville.  It was a small crowd because it was during the week and we were within 6 feet of the band and speakers.  I swear our ears were ringing for months.  The lead singer was tiny but she had the biggest ears.  She looked like Minnie Mouse.

Written by KQµårk 死神

My PlanetPOV contact is [email protected] Proud Dem whose favorite hobby is cat herding. The GOP is not a political party, it's a personality disorder. Cancer, Heart Failure and Bush Survivor.

I thought this would be fitting, and I so rarely get to indulge my Bollymania. From Sharaabi (means roughly drunkard in Hindi) -- Inteha ho gayi intezaar ki (remix):

2. Hopeington says:

Here we go now, this one got the whole family up! Love these guys!
    One crazy mo fo. I like the part about Hope money, give it to me…hehheh

3. nellie says:

Clappy New Year

4. boomer1949 says:

Okay,

May I whine? Does no one like my videos? :-(

5. abby4ever says:

KQ: I hope you didn’t take my last post to you in a wrong way. Sometimes my sense of humour gets me in hot water. I put it in the particular way I did, all to let you know that I appreciate how you watch over us…all of us.

6. nellie says:

Cappy New Year

7. nellie says:

Slappy New Year

8. Tiger99 says:

Might as well kick of the New Year with a big healthy dose of
    “The Man” !!!

9. abby4ever says:

KQ: are you the one that inserted the ABBA song video in my ABBA post? Or does it just happen automatically when the poster doesn’t do it himself, by means of some kind of software installed on this site?

If not and if it was you, thank you very much. If it was not you but someone else, again, my thanks.

abby

• KQuark says:

I got your back Abby. 😉

• Hopeington says:

Hey KQuark, were’d the help desk button go?
        Maybe you should post a footnote on bottom of the Friday Music page to explain how easy it is to embed a video?

• abby4ever says:

Abby’s chest puffs out at this news: one of the founders of this site, has her back. Hardly chickenfeed. What could ever go wrong for her now?

Just horsing around, KQ, I am playful today… and I hope my being so doesn’t paint me as unappreciative.

I need someone at my back because, as you well know, I am always screwing something up.

Anyway, thank you.

Unrelated question: are you still feeling poorly?

• KQuark says:

C’mon abby it’s just KQuark. You knew my moniker when I was in blog diapers.

I’m feeling better after this last discharge. But I still have to do it all over again in little over a week.

• Hopeington says:

KQ, if there’s anyone one here that can relate, it’s me.
            Spent the day at the hospital yesterday, xrays and stitches out follow up. I wanted to add a piece to your hospital survival post about the importance of the other person that should be there with the patient. But I was busy at the hospital, I know that place inside and out!
            I’ve learned a lot about how to advocate for the one that is flat on their back and usually drugged beyond comprehension.
            I’ve fought tooth and nail with Stanford and Lucille Packard and Dominican Hospital so much that sometimes I just walk in and ask them to call the guards now and avoid all the fuss I’m about to perpetrate. They think I’m rude, but sometimes I have to just beat em to it before they get the chance to start.

Anyway, we’re back to it next week twice and then the week after. It’s very strange to love and hate a place so much, I’m so happy my son is alive (you too), but sometimes I just want to rip those little beeping machines right off the wall!
            whoops I went OT!!!!
            Later on this subject.

• KQuark says:

Great point! You NEED a person who is not ill or injured that can be your champion because fighting the system is half the problem. I emphasized the importance of a caregiver but I should have emphasized the importance of a feisty advocate as well. I’m lucky because my wife is both but sometimes you need a few family members or friends to do both jobs.

10. PepeLepew says:

Bees win! 😀

• KQuark says:

What a great game! Figures my wife just picked up Marco Sturm for her fantasy league too. She’s some kind of hockey guru in our fantasy league. She went through a whole year undefeated with only one tie and she is undefeated so far this year. If you play fantasy hockey you know that’s almost impossible.

• PepeLepew says:

I can’t get into fantasy sports. Seems like it takes a lot of energy. I am in a couple of football pools.

• KQuark says:

Being disabled all I have is time. It’s not rocket science either. After you play a year or two and get to know the players they don’t change that much.

11. Scheherazade says:

This isn’t music a video, but it’s too adorable for me not to post. 😉