Mogamboguru On December - 31 - 2009

Explosives CAN be fun: Fireworks at the Sydney Harbor Bridge WHILE you may still be preparing your lunch, other regions in the World are celebrating the new year already, among which are Tonga, Samoa, Japan, the Philippines, eastern Russia, Australia and New Zealand, to name but a few.

So it’s hight time for you to shift into hight gear, get dressed, get your supper ready, get out the drinks and get seriously tipsy just in time to celebrate the demise of the past, exhausted and tired old year – and welcome the birth of a new, young, hopeful, energetic and – perhaps – better year for all mankind.

May all wars end, may all fools lean to understand and may the coming year prove, that hope CAN bring change.

I love you guys and chicks. Take good care of yourself in 2010 and, time and means allowing, take good care for one another, too.

Auld Lang Syne

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rId95N2teUc[/youtube]

Good luck, good love, good food and good wine to all you wonderful bloggers out there in the blogosphere (less Trolls!) from the big, bad Mogamboguru!

1. Gretel1or2 says:

Happy New Year to all my fellow posters & bloggers on PlanetPOV!! I look foward to spending more time on here as I slowly wean myself from that other place :)

• boomer1949 says:

Happy New Year Gretel!

I just went cold turkey, although I must admit I take a peek every now and then; hard as it is, I no longer comment.

• Emerald1943 says:

And the same to you Gretel! We hope that your “weaning” goes quickly! You will, I’m certain, find it painless! I did! :-)

2. abby4ever says:

Yes, we’re trying to get supper ready, but this turkey is taking forever , Mogambo!

• VegasBabe says:

good luck with that turkey dearest abby! Happiest New Year to you and your family!! 😉

• abby4ever says:

That was the worst turkey I’ve ever eaten. It was specially ordered but my husband was given the wrong bird when he went to pick it up and we didn’t notice that until just before stuffing it. It was basted, it said, with rosemary.

Ha! Basted? That bird had been given a rosemary bath , soaked in that instead of brine.

Bathed in rosemary? That bird has been eating rosemary…for months!

I am disappointed. What a lot of work, all for nothing…though the rest of the dinner was ok. And anyway people all ’round the world are starving so why don’t you just shut up, abby, and be grateful for what you have?

• Emerald1943 says:

Oh, I’m so sorry, Abby! What a shame! Next time you cook one, get in touch. I may be able to help you! And by all means, skip the rosemary! Yuk! Sounds awful!

• abby4ever says:

Turkey is one of the few things I can do well. It was the rosemary…may rosemary never touch my lips again. I had one bite, one, and that was hours ago and I can still taste it. It, rosemary, is supposed to be for succulence. Said the label. And I have to admit that as awful as the flavor was, the thing was really moist. But I’d rather eat a bird as dry as sand, without the rosemary, than ever again…

My husband says it’s time for me to bake the apple pie. I’m not ready, I’m gun-shy now after the fiasco with the turkey. With my luck, today, anyway, the apples will have been soaked in something even worse than rosemary, and the only thing I can think of that would be worse, is petrol.

3. VegasBabe says:

A very Happy New Year to you Mo. You deserve a very good year and I’ve no doubt whatsoever that this year will be your best! Love you baby! 😉

4. TheRarestPatriot says:

ONE?! One response to my last 2009 poem?!?!?!

OOooooohhhh,…you all need to drink more and THEN rate my dirty, nasty, prurient, sexy poem….LMAO….

‘prurient’….proo’ree’ ENT!….Whew~~~ say that 10 times fast when you’re schnockered….LOL~

5. Scheherazade says:

Hola! :) Dropping by before midnight to wish you all a…

*takes deep breath*

Happy New Year!!! 😀

hugs2u all

Hello everyone, just popped in to wish you all a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

It’s so darned bright out, I need my sunglasses in the house, I sincerely hope that it’s a good omen.

Take care of yourselves and your loved ones. See you soon. *wavesfromTokyo*

7. bitohistory says:

This is a small effort to blanket everyone here with a large Happy New Year!!
    This is the best party I have been to in years!
    Everyone-- THE PLANT RULES!!

oh--and FUCK DIK CHENEY

8. TheBlovicator says:

Thanks to everyone for the warm reception today. I promise not to blovicate or bloviate or even blow too much for 2010.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

9. AlphaBitch says:

Happy New Year, dear ones! Off to parties. See you tomorrow when we sober up.

I’ll be Captain Obvious:

By the way, tonight’s the Blue Moon.

11. whatsthatsound says:

Greetings from your future!
    Good news, the world doesn’t end in 2009, cuz here I am in Tokyo and all is well!
    In fact, it’s BETTER than well! 2010 is just, just……well, you’ll find out soon enough.

Best to all!

12. boomer1949 says:

Happy New Year to each of you, including your furry and/or human families.

2009 is, or will soon be, history. 2010 = clean slates; “do unto others as you would have them do unto you”; “let’s be careful out there”.

13. KevenSeven says:

A happy, and much better new year to all, except the fucking reactionaries, bugger them.

Any chance Rush will go to his maker tomorrow?

14. TheRarestPatriot says:

All the best in the new year, my friends. Be the change you seek, live the life you choose. You are all factories of ideas, memories and dreams…so keep the engine running and grab that ring when you pass it…
    We all breathe for an instant, yet the trick is to live for a lifetime.

Please read my last poem of 2009 on the post Renaissance: The Masked Venetians.

• Hopeington says:

Happy New Year to you TRP, thoroughly enjoyed your poetry and photos you’ve posted recently. Keep it comin this new year.

• TheRarestPatriot says:

Thank you, Hope. I feel a special connection with you due to our similar paths. I have to believe the coming year is going to be a positive new start for us both.

Woo wee…but right at this second….wow…I’m feeling lower than a worm’s belly button. I don’t what I’d rather open right now…a pack of sparklers or the coconut rum……LOL~

(be it known I do not drink…the booze is in the house for cooking purposes….LOL)