escribacat On December - 18 - 2009

stormpix 016President Obama and other leaders have reached a non-binding accord on climate change in Copenhagen. Here’s how the agreement is being presented by various media outlets.

NY Times
Many Goals Remain Unmet in 5 Nations’ Climate Deal

LA Times
Tentative deal reached in Copenhagen on climate change curbs

London Times
Latest:Copenhagen deadlock wrapped up as a deal

Daily Beast
Five Countries Forge Climate Deal: Climate Pact Falls Short

abcnews
Obama Brokers a Climate Deal, Doesn’t Satisfy All

msnbc.com
World leaders broker climate deal

CNN
Obama: First-step deal on climate

Miami Herald
Five-nation climate deal reached

Drudge
GLOBAL WARMING ‘AGREEMENT’
OBAMA RACES HOME FOR BLIZZARD

Fox
Did Summit Doom ‘Cap and Trade’?

Huffington Post
COPENHAGEN DEAL REACTIONS: ‘A Climate Crime Scene’… ‘A Sham’…

Categories: News & Politics

1. javaz says:

Here’s a new solution to solve climate change -- more pollution!

I would recommend large doses of Prozac for the majority of HuffPo writers and maybe a triple dose for HRH. They really should proclaim that they are now a fully-fledged RW blog, join Drudge and Faux News, and stop wasting everyone’s time and effort.

• LITU says:

I started writing comments in Hindi, to get past moderation, but then realized, crap!, I was working against my better interest, because it happened to be the moderators’ native language. Ha!

There’s an old saying, “A leopard can’t change its spots.”

Mrs. Huffington was and is a conservative, as evidenced by the protection afforded conservative personalities in the articles. I am never allowed to comment on the likes of Limbaugh, O’Reilly, or Ingraham even when attempting to be deliberately benign.

As they say in France, “Fuck ’em.”

I second that emotion, as we say over here, “Fuck em hard.” Well actually that would only be me saying that and to think that I’m met some of my friends there and even used to like it.

• PepeLepew says:

I tried that with French, but I eventually got busted.

I got away with it for *weeks!* I couldn’t believe what they were letting me get away with! 😀

3. nellie says:

I always get such a lift out of this feature. It’s encouraging that so many media outlets seem to have an objective view of events. I’m actually feeling better about the MSM because of our weekly Rashomon.

And then we have our detractors:

I love the Drudge attempt to discredit global warming because it’s snowing! Reminds me of the bit on The Daily Show. And of course Fox is orbiting Saturn — I have no idea where they’re going.

And then there’s good old HP — determined to make everyone as angry as possible.

Love it, e. Thanks!

4. Chernynkaya says:

I heard a troubling story last night on Maddow from Andrea Mitchell-- who, despite her husband-- seems pretty even-handed as a reporter. She reported that when Obama got to Copenhagen he was told that the Chinese Premier, the Indian PM and a couple of other heavyweights were already at the airport, and couldn’t meet with the President. Turns out, they were in a meeting. And the meeting was without the United States. That sounded like an unprecedented diss to me! Eventually, they all did meet, but still… Am I getting too “Liz Cheney?”

• Scheherazade says:

If you start trying to justify the Iraq invasion then you should worry. 😉 Until then you’re fine.

• Chernynkaya says:

Hah! As if. No, just felt dissed on Obama’s behalf. But my husband had another take. He voted Obama but is disgruntled. Anyway, his take was that maybe the other world leaders felt dissed that Obama only came for the last day.

5. Scheherazade says:

From Think Progress:

After

6. PepeLepew says:

What’s funny about the HuffPost inflammatory ridiculously negative headline is that I predicted here on PlanetPOV that they were going to do that on the global warming deal … and then they lived down to my expectations … EXACTLY.

Somebody owes me, man.

7. Tiger99 says:

This explains the Headlines at Huffie for those that have been unaware… It was called “genuis” by one business site a few months back…

• nellie says:

Be aware that one of the Nieman editors is also on the HuffPost staff.

The article certainly confirms the notion that HP is all about generating traffic — even at the expense of accuracy. Asking for headlines from Twitter was the laziest, and most unprofessional move by the site. There’s a reason people go to journalism school. Try to imagine the NYT soliciting headlines from their readership….

• escribacat says:

Excellent link, Tiger. Thanks.

8. KQuark says:

It still amazes me how Drudge and Huffy are living in opposite world. In this case most of the MSM has it right about the climate deal while Drudge is attacking from the right and Huffy is attacking from the left.

9. Scheherazade says:

That was a very effective way to illustrate just how the media is anything but “liberal.”

10. PepeLepew says:

That sinks it. HuffPost has gone utterly batshit insane….