escribacat On December - 11 - 2009

Stuart_Manley_with_the_poster_283375583
Today, the U.S. House of Representatives passed a bank reform bill designed to prevent the recurrence of a financial system meltown. Here’s how ten media outlets portrayed the news.

abcnews.com

The Party is Over

Talking Points Memo
House Passes Historic Financial Reform Bill

Slate.com
House Approves Sweeping Financial Reforms

MSNBC
House passes revamp of financial rules

Huffington Post
House Passes Financial Reform Bill Riddled With Loopholes

Categories: News & Politics

1. Hopeington says:

Oh I just love to be proved correct in my thinking.
    I’ve only been able to go to that other place once, to try and discreetly tell one person I thought they should come on over.
    I have a different moniker that I snuck in there with…but I want to pull Hopeington out completely, I can see it takes a minute to unplug.
    They scrubbed half of what I said, probably because I never had a kind word for the Queen and kept trying to point out…we’ve been duped!!

2. PepeLepew says:

Hahaha!
    Good job again e’cat.

We was duped!

ADMIN ANNOUNCMENT:

Vox Populi is about to begin! Click this link to go there now:

4. Bernard Marx says:

Wow. this idea is great. It tells a pretty clear story. HP is a con.

5. Chernynkaya says:

Yesterday, I spent a lot of time there, and said I was almost done posting at HP.

I got several responses agreeing with me. (about 6) I replied to them saying to come over here (before I read the easier way to post this place, I spelled it backwards. A few said they’d check it out. Couldn’t hurt, and I wasn’t scrubbed. hehe.

6. nellie says:

That’s hilarious.

I absolutely love this feature.

7. bitohistory says:

E’cat Ah , the reason I don’t go to “that site!” Liberal/progressive my arse!
    I watched parts of the debate and the vote today on C-Span. Quiz me this: If it was such a terrible bill why were the R’s fighting it every step? Why were all the R’s amendments trying to water it down more ( except Ron Paul’s)? Why were the big banks against it? Why was it so heavily lobbied to defeat it? And why did the Repus vote against it?
    Is this the bill I would have liked? No, but then I’m a wobblie! šŸ˜€

8. BigDogMom says:

Of course only HP’s blaring tabloid headline stands out amongst them all…gee, I wonder what the posters over there are saying about this?

I have a coffee mug with the same saying as the poster the gentleman in the picture is holding. It was designed by the British government as a propaganda poster to keep the citizens of London calm if the Germans ever invaded the English mainland…I thought it was very appropriate during these tumultuous times we are having also.

• escribacat says:

One of my favorite posters has just announced that she can no longer support Obama and is leaving.

• nellie says:

Score one for HP. I think this is the game plan.

I second that proposition.

The poisoning of Progressives, to undermine Dem power, Operation Chaos -- Part Two is being successfully helmed by Arianna.

Even more of a reason for The Planet to keep exposing this charade called Huffington Post.

One day people will look back and say it was so obvious, we need to do our part to make that day come sooner than later.

• nellie says:

It’s one reason I continue to post at HP — though no longer as nellie. That moniker is signed off for good.

But they need some push back.

• escribacat says:

Agreed — to both of you!

• javaz says:

I ended my reign, yesterday, but no one will miss me, and that’s fine.
              I was lucky over there to have 106 fans, but it took me over 2 years to get them.
              Sheesh,
              I wasn’t posting for approval, but voicing my opinions.
              But once people started fanning me, I felt an obligation to fan them back.
              I’m so glad we don’t do that here.
              I hate that fanning shit.

• nellie says:

I hate that fanning nonsense.

I find that quite childish and maybe even selfish after such a short time. Didn’t he say that he couldn’t do this alone, I don’t remember him promising anyone a rose garden.

• nellie says:

Maybe this is a young person who has only seen Bush — and Bush gave everyone the impression that the president was like a dictator. But that’s only because he had a compliant congress.

People really don’t understand the system.

9. Chernynkaya says:

Escribicat
    __________________________________

LOL!-- What a brilliant title!

And who could fail to notice the irony of the headline on the (supposedly) only Liberal site. OMG. That was really good work.