KevenSeven On November - 30 - 2009
Hick-He-Be

Hick-He-Be

What bitter, yet delicious irony.   Only a week after Hick-He-Be dissed Obama in comparison to Sarah451, on the grounds that only Governors have the executive experience necessary to be president (self-serving, anyone?) a violent felon who had been granted clemency by Hick-He-Be is apparently the murderer of four police officers.

Nov. 30 (Bloomberg) — The political future of former Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee could be damaged by his role in commuting the sentence of a man who is now suspected of killing four police officers in Washington state.

Huckabee, as governor of Arkansas in 2000, commuted a 95- year prison sentence for Maurice Clemmons. Huckabee cited Clemmons’ youth — he was 17 when he was convicted in 1989 of aggravated robbery — in commuting the sentence, the Associated Press reported. Clemmons was then paroled by the state board.

“If you pardon someone and they do something, it’s bad news,” said Matt Mackowiak, a Republican strategist. “It can come back to haunt you.”

I wonder if Mike Dukakis (who I’ve met, and really would have been a fine president) is shaking his head.   I wonder if the Democrats have anyone vicious enough to use this to destroy Hick-He-Be.

Hick-He-Be has long been my nightmare candidate.   He can fake sincerity better than any of the other thugs.   He projects the whole EveryMan image in spades.   He is very much a contrast to our own Dijon preferring Constitutional Scholar president.   Of all those in the field at this time, it is Hick-He-Be that concerned me most.   He comes across as a nice guy.

But not for long.   Where is the Democratic Lee Atwater?  Hick-He-Be is going down, hard.  And good riddance to his bible thumping, creationist spouting, faux morally superior keister.   I want for him to suffer the absolute maximum political humiliation possible under the circumstances.   A tragedy that four police officers died, but that is a separate discussion.    It happened, and not thanks to anybody I know or respect.   Goodbye, Hick-He-Be!

Categories: Featured, News & Politics

1. PepeLepew says:

We spent a little time in Seattle on our vacation. I can guarantee this is a HUGE issue in Seattle.

• KevenSeven says:

No doubt. Not that I expect a bible-thumping creationist asshole like Hick-He-Be to have much currency in Seattle.

• PepeLepew says:

The news stations were going MONKEYSHIT over this story in Seattle.
        I said to my girlfriend, “Huckabee is done.”
        Let’s see if one of my predictions is right for once.

2. escribacat says:

Here is a photo of the Huckabee family for your viewing enjoyment.

3. javaz says:

To be fair, the State of Washington bears responsibility in this case, if the man they suspect killed the police officers is the perpetrator.

Didn’t Washington State allow that man to post bail -- $15,000 -- after attempted rape, attempted assault on a police officer and resisting arrest just recently?

I dislike Huckabee as much as anyone else and for the same reasons as everyone else, but in this instance, Huckabee is not to blame for this man being loose when the police in Washington had him in custody for other felonies and let him post bail.

• KevenSeven says:

I could care less about fair.

Let him go down the same hole as Dukakis.

• javaz says:

I get that now.
        Took me a minute to figure out that we are doing an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth.

I agree with you, but it’s sort of meaningless since the last I read, the Huckster has already said he won’t seek the nomination in 2012.

• KevenSeven says:

I trust a Christianist as far as I can throw them.

• javaz says:

No kidding, and all threads lead back to Sister Sarah, but she was never vetted by the Republican National Committee, but vetted by the religious right.
            Shows how easily they are fooled, and shows how easy the GOP is fooled.

Am I the only person angered by the GOP when McCain ran against Obama, that they made a mockery of our election?

Then again, they made a mockery of our elections by running Bush Jr twice, and worse, much worse, whereby George Jr won.

• KevenSeven says:

I like what Hitchens said about Sarah451(approximately) : “What do you take me for? If this is the level of respect you have for me, you have lost my vote.”.

• bitohistory says:

Javaz, he would not have been in Washington had Huck not pardoned him. Yes, what Washington State did was inexcusable.

• javaz says:

Oh, I agree with you 100%, but in our zeal against Republicans, I do not believe it fair to place the blame at Huckabee’s feet for this heinous crime.

I understand that my post will cause disagreement, and am searching for the details of the alleged assailant -- (I watch too many CSI and NCIS shows and read far too many detective/murder mysteries) -- to find out more about this man.

This is just from memory, but at the time Huckster was governor, wasn’t this guy 17 years old when Huck granted him amnesty?

Darn it all having dial-up, but I’ll take this argument on, if anyone wants a go, once I can connect to this guy’s background.

Like I said, I dislike the Huckster just as much as everyone and for the same reasons, but is the Huckster really to blame when Washington State had this perp behind bars recently and let him walk?

Oh, and Hi Bito!!!
        Hope you feel better.

• escribacat says:

The guy was 27 when Huck granted him amnesty. His arrest occurred at the age of 17.

javaz, yes, my understanding is that this guy was out on bail on a charge of child rape! That seems incomprehensible to me…that the state of Washington would do that.
          I guess the Huckabee issue is relevant to me primarily because of the devastating effect that the Willie Horton commercials had on the candidacy of Mike Dukakis. Dukakis had even less to do with Horton’s being out on a weekend furlough than Huckabee had in this case with Clemmons. (Although I agree with you that he is probably less culpable than the state of Washington.) So, it’s a relief to me, in all candor, that Huckabee’s fingerprints are on this because the Repubs are going to have to--at long last--face the consequences of what they deliberately did to Dukakis. There’s no way they can endorse Huckabee--Mr. Dimpled All-American--without having to answer for the Willie Horton ads.
          The one positive result of a tragic situation.

• bitohistory says:

Thanks for asking javaz, enough NyQuil will make anyone “feel” better. ~smile~

• javaz says:

I can’t do Ny-Quil or any other over-the-counter cold drugs due to thyroid.
            So, when I get sick with a cold or sore throat, I do natural, which means lots of vitamin C, fresh squeezed orange juice, and garlic tablets.
            Garlic works wonders for a stuffed nose, and the 99 cent store sells the best garlic gel-tabs -- 1200 mgs -- and they do not make your breath stink or leave a taste in your mouth.

Oops, off-topic but glad you are better!!!

4. Grabamop/Obama20082012 says:

I like to know why this is not bigger news. If this sentence was commuted by a Dem gov, it would being shreiked by every MSM minaret in the country. I hope this is the end of Huckabee.

• nellie says:

I’ve seen it several places today — it might take a little longer to hit the tv news cycle.

One way to give the story a push — call into Air America or Stephanie Miller and ask WHY ISN’T THIS GETTING COVERED??? It may soon find its way to MSNBC, and then on to CNN.

• bitohistory says:

Grabamop, You ask why this isn’t bigger news? Let me tell you Chris Matthews just had a big scoop (and took 25 mins. on it) Two uninvited guests got into the state dinner!!! WOW!
      Next story Tiger Woods!

• KevenSeven says:

Why is this not getting more play in the media?

Because the Media is run by a bunch of liberal coastal elietist Jews who would love nothing more than to tear down a Real American like Hick-He-Be.

Or had you not got the memo……..

5. bitohistory says:

I have read a few articles on this around the web this morning. Seems his daughter is saying “yeah, but Washington State screwed up too”
    I say, “hey, Huck, Why did you let him out of prison to be able to move to Washington?”

It will be Prez. Obama’s fault in 5…4…3…

bito…2…1…Guess what?

Slightly (but not much) OT: I just caught a few minutes of Glenda Beck’s show (which I NEVER voluntarily watch, but who knows why, today, I stalled out on Faux?). I gasped out loud in dismay as I watched him and a couple of cronies all but declare--certainly strongly insinuate-- that the Party Crasher Couple over the weekend was a staged plot to DISCREDIT THE SECRET SERVICE, AND LAW ENFORCEMENT IN GENERAL!…and that Obama was behind it all!! Un-f’ing--believable!

This, while at the same time he seems to be singularly silent regarding the Huckabee pardon. How low can this disgusting “personality” go?

• KevenSeven says:

I’d like to see the quotes from him in 1988 decrying the Willie Horton ad.

6. choicelady says:

When Huckabee ran for prez, he went duck hunting. He claimed he shot only those ducks without a “Huckabee for President” bumper sticker on their butts. He said maybe he should do the same to people. Funny, huh? What kind of “Christian” is THAT???? What kind of presidential candidate is THAT??? He’s deeply scary, and you are sooooo right about him, KevenSeven! He’s like The Family -- anything HE wants is OK because, of course, he’s a fan of Jesus. Gag me.

7. KevenSeven says:

Damn! I thought that I had finally landed a photo in there!

Nellie! Wadda I doin wrong?

• Mogamboguru says:

Go back to the dashboard of an earlier post of your’s and take note of what Nellie did to the pic, to make it show up, Kev.

it’s really easy.

When I write a new blogpost, I always open an earlier one of mine besides it, and use it’s dashboard as a template, to always remember, what I want to do.

It works!