rabiddog6708 On November - 28 - 2009

Hi, my name is David and I have been posting on Huff Post for the last year as rabiddog6708.  A friend told me about this site and I thought I would drop by to check things out. I see several Huffington Post members here, which is nice because that site is becoming unbearable due to moderation and trolling.

Categories: Speakers' Corner

1. bettybp says:

Hi rabidog, I just joined too. Have been very uneasy about Huffpo’s new aol merger, and had noticed a big change there even before Ariana’s announcement. There seems to be many more angry trolls, and more slanted thread headlines too, in addition to gone crazy mods.
    Though I don’t always agree with Obama, it seems that now even huffpo is going out of their way to make everything he does and says look bad -- is it the leadup to 2012 and the bigcorp’s desire to turn the sheeple?

2. nellie says:

Hey there rabbiddog! I remember your posts from HP. Welcome to the Planet Mightywoof. As someone who loves dogs, I’m happy to see your moniker here! And look forward to reading your posts.

3. Mightywoof says:

This seems as good a place as any to introduce myself. I’ve been reading HP (AKA The Dark Side) since the summer and some intriguing hints led me to follow the breadcumbs over here. I’ve been reading your articles and comments for 2 or 3 weeks and Adlibs article today about the current HCR situation prompted me to finally take the plunge and become a member.

I think I said just about all there is to know about me in my profile but I want to say, at the risk of repeating myself, that I have so enjoyed reading you all since I first peeked in your front door -- you have proved that civil discourse IS possible on the interweb. You are also somewhat intimidating -- lovely, lovely people but, oh my gosh, so intelligent. I will have a hard time keeping up with y’all :)

Edited to unhyphenate Adlib’s name!

• Chernynkaya says:

Welcome Mightywoof!! I am so happy to meet you. And I know you will add a lot to our discussions!

Heh! Nice to be able to edit comments and posts, eh?

So glad you’ve joined us and thanks for the very kind props!

The thing is, without the trolls, personal attacks, cliques and photos of celebrities body parts…everyone’s IQ goes up here.

Welcome aboard!

4. BigDogMom says:

Welcome rabbidog, no packs of wild dogs, (trolls), here that will jump on you as soon as you speak your mind!

There is one thing that you may take you a while to get used to here at the planet though….youdon’[email protected]…takes a while for some to break the habit!

Hi rabiddog6708, welcome to The Planet!

As you say, many have moved over here from HuffPo as HuffPo moved away from them.

There are two issues when it comes to blogging at HuffPo, one is accepting censorship and site-sponsored terrorizing (by their protecting and encouraging trolls) and the other is blogging at a site which has no principles (and is actually working to undermine Obama)and only really cares about clicks and cash.

Here, you’ll enjoy blogging again, along with true Freedom of Expression with a number of familiar “faces”.

Again, nice to have you on The Planet!

6. Grabamop/Obama20082012 says:

Hi Rabiddog, I saw you on last night at HP. It’s getting way wierd there. Welcome! I hope we see more and more over here……? :)

7. nellie says:

Nice to have you here! Hope we”ll see you often.

8. Mogamboguru says:

Doggonnit, Rabiddog! 😎

Hi, old friend!

Nice to have you here. Most people here are still out of house, running errands and shopping and stuff. But this place will soon pick up speed and will be humming with activity, when evening comes.

Stay tuned for good discussions, good music and fun!

9. escribacat says:

Hey rabbidog. I answered your other post too — I think that is the reason many of us have started migrating over here. No censorship! This is a good place for real discussions instead of just brief quips. I rarely make long posts over there any more — they almost always just get scrubbed so what’s the point?