javaz On November - 19 - 2009

800px-Sarah_Palin_Aviation_Day

Palin holding anti-Obama rallies on military bases
by charcharczar

Digg this! Share this on Twitter – Palin holding anti-Obama rallies on military basesTweet this submit to reddit Share This
Thu Nov 19, 2009 at 12:31:43 PM PST

Isn’t it illegal for anyone to hold anti Commander-in-Chief rallys on a military base?

Not only is she going to hold a book signing at Fort Bragg, she is also going to hold one at Fort Hood, Texas.

What is she doing on military bases in the first place? She is not in the military, she is an unemployed ex-gov. SHE SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO BE ON THE BASE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

* charcharczar’s diary :: ::

Army officials plan to prevent media from covering Sarah Palin’s appearance at Fort Bragg on Monday, saying they fear the event will turn into political grandstanding against President Obama, the Associated Press reports.

Fort Bragg spokesman Tom McCollum tells the AP that Army officials had decided to keep media away from Palin’s book promotion at the North Carolina base.

Other members of the public would be permitted to attend.

McCollum says the Army did not want the event to become a platform for Palin supporters to express political opinions “directed against the commander in chief.”

Palin is on a book tour this week to promote her memoir Going Rogue. She is scheduled to visit Fort Hood, in Texas, on Dec. 4.

Would Michael Moore ever be allowed to hold a book signing on a military base? What about John Edwards, Al Gore, even Colin Powell would not be allowed to have press conferences. Who ever approved this should be FIRED, Palin is going to hold an anti-Commander-in-chief rally on a military base. That is complete craziness. It may also be against the law…Sarah Palin is a civilian, she should not be allowed onto a military installation.

Categories: News & Politics

Written by javaz

I am a retired aerospace engineer, happily married for over twenty-four years. My hobbies include blogging on PPOV, reading mystery/romance novels, playing guitar, learning the piano and writing. My husband and I love to travel in our camper/trailer, and have visited 45 states, besides having lived in France for 2 years and seeing most of Europe. "Today is the first day of the rest of your life? Well, that's true of every day but one - the day you die." American Beauty "All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure." Mark Twain "A man is never more truthful than when he acknowledges himself a liar." Mark Twain

1. FeloniousMonk says:

Another politcal cartoon comment on Sister Sarah

” title=”Cagle.com” rel=”nofollow”>Email this Cartoon
  2. FeloniousMonk says:

Try this Palin cartoon on for size!

” title=”Cagle.com” rel=”nofollow”>Email this Cartoon
  3. javaz says:

Looks like the teabaggers aren’t very happy with Sister Sarah quitting them!

Oh, it doesn’t get much better than this!

(I wish I could watch the vid!)

4. FeloniousMonk says:

I was laughing a little while ago as one of our favorite HP crazies, AnnFromCA, was telling me how Sarah Palin is a fiscal conservative. My God, Palin has no idea about who runs the Senate and she thinks she could submit a budget to Congress? How many millions for guns and churches would be in her budget? These people are beyond ignorant in the negative direction.

• bitohistory says:

I read on the mudflats.net (I think) that when she was first elected Mayor, the debt for Wasilla was $0. When she left, It was $20 million. This in a town of 5-6000. Not a new road, not the water or sewage system they needed, but $15 mill on her sports building. Fiscal conservative, my “butt.”

“Mom, The John is backed up again” “Hush, --Go play hockey at the new sports building Sister S’arah built for us!” 😛

• javaz says:

Oh, that’s one of Big Dog Mom’s favorite people, besides Sister Sarah!

5. FeloniousMonk says:

Pepe’: 72 hours? Gee. That hardly counts! Now when I was blown out of the water I received no notice at all, and had given them an honest e-mail contact point. Not any more. Socks are expendible and I won’t waste emy time on a real contact point.

I suppose next they’ll go after those Latin speakers we had the other night, too.

How about a sock called “RobS_is_the_Man”?

While I demonstrate my true skills and knowledge here, HP is now just a recreational paintball camp.

• PepeLepew says:

Internet paintball camp. I like that. That’s pretty much all it is.

• BigDogMom says:

Afternoon Monk, how’s everything, just stopping by to see if anything new was up. Talk to you later.

• FeloniousMonk says:

Reasonable. Still finding the HP environment to be worsening by the day. Dogs are doing well, but need to get their shots updated. Sunny, around 70 today. Planning on getting out and enjoy it before tonight’s little thing here.

6. KevenSeven says:

Excuse me if I am repeating anyone, but:

Seems to me that her whole purpose is clearly political, and that I understood that politicking on military bases was illegal.

I am glad that she was denied publicity, yet the general public was permitted, such that citizens can call out her lies.

I still remember the Landstuhl tempest in a teapot. Curious.

• sharonh says:

I disagree. She is pedaling her book which is not political at all; just petty gossip that cannot be substantiated which happens to take place in a political environment. Actually the more people who read it the better, but I hope they pass around their copies instead of putting dollars in her pocket. I think the supposed millions she was supposed to earn for speaking engagements has been vastly overrated. Maybe she saw what Bill Clinton was getting and thought she could compete.

7. PepeLepew says:

Why is the military going along with this??? It’s like they’re colluding with the enemy!

• SeeknDestroy says:

Hey FoM…I mean Pepe!

• PepeLepew says:

Sssssh! :)

• escribacat says:

Sorry Pepe. We figured you out back on the thread.

• PepeLepew says:

Bah.
            Pepe got sent to the penalty box, finally! I got 5 minutes for fighting.
            Je ne regrette rien! 😀

• escribacat says:

Pepe got banned or sent to timeout? Who were you fighting?

• PepeLepew says:

Kalima — Ramirez’ politics don’t bother me. I can’t stand his sanctimonious, self-righteous holier-than-thou blather about how he’s somehow more moral than all the other posters. It’s like he’s appointed himself the “hall monitor” of HuffPost. I see it as him being some kind of weird Internet control freak.

And oh yeah, if you used musical notes, that would have been a giveaway. 😉

Actually, Kalima, Ramirez doesn’t bother me. When I first showed up most often this past July, he was a little more feisty, but now he’s like entirely Republican, but not obnoxious about it.

Makes me wonder though, if a few of our A-list trolls (you know who) develop socks just to dish out their more vile crap.

Good to know that foreign words are verboten. Verdammt noch mal! Chutiya!

Phew, I hadn’t even thought about the last names thing. In fact, quite frankly, I’m still not really comfortable with it if trolls are goin’ to be privy. Not a bad idea, but I’ve sort of tried to guard a separation between the huffworld and my personal life, I don’t want this to compromise that.

Pepe, nellie has removed all the surnames from the Planet’s Facebook Page, just click on my link and you will see it. I think we are all safe with just our first names on display if you change your mind that is.

I doubt her intentions were to become a fan of our site but thankfully nellie has set it up so that no one can comment. Great idea.

Pepe, I have my doubts about Ramirez and AC being the same person, he was already on Huff known to everyone there when I joined in June 07.

There was a time when you could have decent conversation with him, believe it or not.

• PepeLepew says:

KevenSeven, here’s the e-mail:
              “Hello:

I’ve suspended your account based on your comments in french. I’ve noted your account. I will reinstate it Monday, if I have a chance.

You’re behavior is way out of line and if I get another complaint about you, I will ban you permanently. I hope that’s perfectly clear.

Rob S.
              Moderator
              Huffington Post”
              😀

• escribacat says:

Kalima, yes, I saw that. She’s no fan — just doing it to be a jerk.

• PepeLepew says:

Yeah, I figure the pattern is 72-hour timeout, then banishment follows soon after because then you’re on their radar screen.
              PepeLepew is probably a short-timer on HuffPost.

I’m not really that angry about it because I was posting some FOUL stuff in French. Really foul… I just thought it was hilarious I got away with it for weeks.

Oh, and PS, I’ve become increasingly convinced Ramirez and AC are one and the same, too…

Yup, Kalima, that’s her…!
              See why I didn’t want to sign up for the Facebook page with my real name…?

Are you talking about this Andrea person because she has signed on as a fan on our Facebook page.

• KevenSeven says:

Pepe,

C&P the e-mail from Huff to us here.

I can use the laugh.

• escribacat says:

What hypocrisy. RonPaulWasRight was posting some really vile junk yesterday. I agree it’s AC. It was calling women murderers and evil for being pro-choice and writing gory descriptions of abortions. Really sick stuff. She also must have some obsession with John Stossel.

Your musical notes gave you away, btw.

• KevenSeven says:

Seventy-two hour time out?

Next is final banishment. Did that asshole Ron S write to tell you how naughty you had been?

And it was AC in particular that got me fried Jebus, I just can’t stand that ignorant tramp.

• PepeLepew says:

72-hour Time out … Get this, for using foul language in French!
              Gringo, Flossy, AC and even Ramirez again — all four (three? two? one?) of them at once. It was epic. I outed and blew up a stupid AC sock “Ron Paul Was Right” and she got upset. I don’t know why she would even care that we found out. I don’t care that people figured out Malkin. It’s not important, but I was just cracking up that she was wigging out so much out over it.
              I think I’m going to write a post about the ultimate futility of tangling with trolls, but dammit, they’re the online equivalent of schoolyard bullies and bullies make me crazy.
              That being said … It was worth it! 😀

• SeeknDestroy says:

Fan, I mean Mum is the word, Skunkworth…
          ~snark~

• KevenSeven says:

Regrettably, she is a citizen….

8. bitohistory says:

Excerpts from the intro of:Going “Rouge-An American Nightmare”
    In my small mind the REAL book.

“Palin is a bona fide celebrity. She transcends politics. As New York Times columnist Frank Rich puts it, Palin is

9. nellie says:

Sarah Palin is like a shiny pocket watch swinging back and forth. It has no direction. It has no ideas. But weak minds become mesmerized.

• escribacat says:

Ohh, I like that.

• sharonh says:

Except she serves no purpose and is not sparkly. People do like to look at her though. Freak show.

• nellie says:

I think she is sparkly, in her own strange way way. I don’t see why people are so bowled over by her looks, but she is pretty. Without that, the right wing wouldn’t give her the time of day… to continue the metaphor !

• sharonh says:

She is perceptively a deceptive person, and I will never be able to get past that--it is ugly and so is she.

• nellie says:

I have no fondness for Sarah, but I think it’s important to understand her effect on certain people. Maybe she’s deceptive. I don’t know. I don’t think of her has having that much brain matter. It’s really hard for me to take her seriously. I just think she’s a narcissist.

She reminds me of a breathless, teenaged cheerleader as depicted in your films of the 80’s. All that is missing are the braces and the odd pimple on her chin.

My apologies to all breathless, teenaged cheerleaders with braces or the odd pimple on their chins.

I don’t find her cunningly deceptive as much as manipulative.

More like the Heathers than a breathless cheerleader sometimes.

I know, I’m practicing a quick get away, but they were in many movies made in the U.S. that were so popular back then, not really all my fault. :)

Hi nellie!

• nellie says:

LOL! They would get you for that!

• FeloniousMonk says:

I prefer to think of Sarah as a piece of fools’ gold dangling from a string. People will fight for it but in the end it has no value.

10. FeloniousMonk says:

OT: Was it on Countdown or Rachel Maddow last night that someone talked about the fact that the US Army barely has the forces to meet McChrystal’s troop request with available troops and then have no reserves at all? I’m wanting the source of that info.

Yes, I forget who it was. It wasn’t that we don’t have the forces, but that it would leave us strapped with virtually no defense or disaster relief capability (you know, what those National Guard guys were so supposed to be about).

11. KQuark says:

I take my last prediction back the media circus and Republican group think will nominate Palin in 2012. I’ll still eat my hat if you want me to.

Actually my favorite progressive pundit because he’s pragmatic and a numbers guy like me, Nate Silver wrote a great article about how Palin could actually wing the GOP nomination.

• nellie says:

I don’t think so. If they do, it’s going to be unbelievably entertaining. But I just don’t see it happening. Then again, I didn’t believe Hillary was going to run, either.

• sharonh says:

She could be another Bush, with the right man behind her I suppose it is possible, I shudder at the thought. Presidentism by proxy.

• Suzanne525 says:

Hopefully, the GOP sees that she won’t be controlled by men, so they’ll keep her away from any real power. “Going rogue” is just what she would do, and they can’t have that.

Hopefully.

I think the GOP is out of control, they can’t get a grip on message, so many loose cannons shooting their mouths off in every direction and they’re slaves to their base.

If ever there was a time for a Sarah Palin to win the Republican nomination, it’s 2012.

And if ever there was going to be a more lopsided Dem victory in a Presidential election, it would be in 2012 if Palin ended up as the GOP nominee.

• SeeknDestroy says:

Hey Sharonh…good to see you here..
        The right man behind her…GOP?
        The right man?
        That makes me shudder as well.
        Can you imagine her cabinet?
        Advisers?
        Yikes!

• HITO says:

She will be the next perfect GOP crony in cronyism?

Say it ain’t so.

• SeeknDestroy says:

W came awfully close.
          He had exactly NO shame.
          No sense.
          Just no…

BTW…
          It isn’t so….

• FeloniousMonk says:

I do not believe that the GOP will ever seriously consider a woman in the catbird’s seat. There is too much misogyny and the only way they could hope to get one elected is if that person had true broad appeal to the independents and conservadems. They don’t have anyone who fits that bill. The Democrats, on the other hand, can field a number of electable women for the highest office in the land.

• sharonh says:

One thing the GOP has never messed up is their hated for the female; they really have it down pat. The way they make their spouses stand next to them as they publicly admit gay infidelity. Yes, they can do something right!

• HITO says:

GOP dictates women stay barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen?

Yup, I do believe so. And Palin’s got enough kids to prove that. Loved how she cooked up some grub for Matt Lauer…that wasn’t staged.

AN UPDATE FROM AP:

Army Relents; Allows Limited Media At Palin Event

by The Associated Press
    November 19, 2009

The U.S. Army now says it will allow media limited access to Sarah Palin’s appearance at Fort Bragg.

Army officials had said they would prohibit coverage of Palin’s on-post event, saying it would turn into political grandstanding against President Barack Obama.

The Associated Press and The Fayetteville Observer objected and the military changed its position slightly on Thursday night. It will grant a pool of reporters restricted access to Monday’s appearance.

Fort Bragg spokesman Col. Billy Buckner said members of the media will not be allowed to interview the 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee and will be barred from talking to her supporters on post.

Buckner said the setup will allow reporters their right to access while preventing the event from turning political.
    ================================

So, they are preventing their hosting of a potential GOP Presidential candidate who has called Obama someone who “pals around with terrorists”, “a socialist”, wanting to kill your Granny, etc. from turning political?

What a fucking farce!

And allowing Palin free reign to be there and promote herself, the GOP and her potential campaign while preventing the press from speaking to her or her supporters certainly seems to reflect the values of the free society they’re supposed to be vowed to protect.

Army officials had said they would prohibit coverage of Palin

• KQuark says:

Welcome to America where everything is politicized and sponsored by corporate America and there is no shame because the forth estate is dead.

• nellie says:

I think this a religious connection — consistent with the growing number of fundamentalist evangelicals in the military, especially at the upper echelons. Very disquieting.

• FeloniousMonk says:

KQuark: It’s part of this fascination with unbridled capitalism. Unfortunately, anything unbridled can and often is very dangerous and certainly unpredictable.

I supported our President back when most of my friends were going “HIllary, Hillary” but I do have concerns. I will not deny there are things he is doing I don’t like but even his decisions I don’t care for are far better than anything the Old Geezer and Miss Winky Wink could have done. But I sure wish we had a person closer to being Teddy Roosevelt or even LBJ.

• HITO says:

Associated Press…pthooeeey (spits on ground)

Send in the NYTimes and WashPost. They’ll get to the bottom of this. Surprised Murdoch’s henchmen from his other media orgs weren’t allowed.

Fucking farce to benefit the lying sack of shit she is.

I always hoped her book sales would be next to nil.

• sharonh says:

Face it--they have all the corporate and military in their hands. To me this speaks well of the present administration; that they are staying out of it. Cream always rises to the top.

• FeloniousMonk says:

They need to let her set up her friggin’ revival tent in town and sell the books there, not on base. Any servicemen who want this book could ask for a half day leave to go stand in line, and she could give her “non-speech” speech we all know she’s still going to give.

• HITO says:

Friggin revival tent?

No way…friggin circus tent complete with the pachyderms and bearded lady handing out the tickets.

• FeloniousMonk says:

I was thinking more along the lines from Grapes of Wrath by the preacher and why he stepped down or Elmer Gantry. Let us prey, my little one.

That’s not a circus tent, it’s a sideshow tent, there is a large difference. I’d like to see Sarah doing a “sword” swallowing routine with Glenn Beck. Guess it would be rated X. Sorry kiddies.

• bitohistory says:

A failed sword swallowing.
            W/ ambulances.

• FeloniousMonk says:

No, BITO, hold the ambulances. They might be socialistic conveyances. Let them take private vehicles to clear up this “tonsilectomy”.

• bitohistory says:

Nah, you know that the commie stuff doesn’t work. It will fail. AWWW Shucks

• SeeknDestroy says:

LOL

• HITO says:

OMG, to imagine Sarah taking in Beck whole…..arrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhh.

Gross. Where’s that scotch? Must blur the memory of that Monk.

• SeeknDestroy says:

OH, Jesus..
              Where is the bleach?
              ~holding head in his hands~
              Bleach the gray matter….

• FeloniousMonk says:

OK, HITO, then how about her and Miss Carrie doing some one on one down at the fancy pageant walking corral? As my dentist says, good oral higeine is important.

Sorry, I’m being publicly silly.

That was all very naughty, and tr

• FeloniousMonk says:

HITO: I don’t follow what Ms. Bono is having done, but probably so. Her I have sympathy for.

• HITO says:

You talking about that procedure that Chastity Bono’s getting?

Yikes! Beck has no feeling below the waist. And none above that’s appropriate, come to think of it.

• FeloniousMonk says:

HITO: Beck probably got one the same way that Carrie P got those Tatas. The wonders of modern constructive surgery!

• HITO says:

LMAO…

Two of the biggest fake women along with fake body parts going at it? OK, whatever floats your boat. That’s really all those babes are good for…amusement.

(My stated horror had more to do with imagining that Beck has a dick. No way that crybaby has a dick.)

• bitohistory says:

Carrie Pre-jean or Carrie sans-jean

Public? I thought this was just between us?

Hey, did you get my email?

• sharonh says:

If I had known you were royalty I would never have been mean--you should have told me who you were. At any rate, the next time I run into you I am going to refan.

13. bitohistory says:

I’m a bit tired of this pro-propaganda/ dis-information of SP on the MSM. This book came out on the same day:
    GOING ROUGE
    Sarah Palin

14. SeeknDestroy says:

Can anyone see this hack as President?
    Really?
    What would she do first?
    Attack Canada?
    “I didn’t like the way they were looking at me, and then there’s that whole “aboot” about thing.” “Then they talked shit about my shoes in the Canadian press, so I bombed Montreal” “That’ll teach those hosers.”
    She couldn’t handle the pressure of being Governor, how could she handle being POTUS?
    She has to make women in general cringe…
    She’s a nightmare….

I would have to leave this planet, no not THIS PlanetPOV, if this nightmare were ever a reality, just thinking about it has made me go blue in the face.

• FeloniousMonk says:

Fear for the world if she was elected. She would trigger the apocolype because the voices in her head told her Jesus wanted it.

Unfortunately, there are few prominent Republican women who aren’t setting the cause of all women back 80 years. I find that sad to say, but it’s true.

• SeeknDestroy says:

No doubt.
        That idiot preacher Hagel in Texas would probably be an adviser to her dumb ass…
        Bombs away Sarah, let’s meet Jesus.
        I found her whole rape kit business in Alaska to be horrifying.

BTW, Hello FM..

• FeloniousMonk says:

Hey Seek, a finally figured out your new sock this AM.

I find her whole attitude of Christian governing to be obscene. She is still uneducatable and unwilling to try. If she was elected it is obvious that someone else would be pulling the strings of the little marionette and it would not be good for America or the world.

• SeeknDestroy says:

I agree.
            A puppet at best..
            Who is my new sock, FM?
            If you guess, I’ll tell you..
            BTW, how do you get so many to work…
            The HP Gods hate me…

• FeloniousMonk says:

I told someone today in an e-mail who I thought it was. Maybe they’ll pass it on to you. As for the other, I’ll send you an e-mail telling you how. Currently only running five, I had a sixth today that lasted all day but the moderators blew it out at shift change. Maybe they didn’t like my avatar for it. The “Violator” from Spawn.

FM: I would say that he is no prize now himself and with the money they had, you would have thought he could have afforded some new teeth. Wooden yellowed ones went out with Lincoln I think.

Ok, what on earth am I doing down here?

• SeeknDestroy says:

I’ll reply later,FM.
              Thanks..(Using the right one)

• FeloniousMonk says:

Thanks, HITO. I was working with settings today and somehow that account became the default one. Check and double check everything.

• HITO says:

I never panic at anything you do. Silly.

We are but mortals who have each other’s backs, no?

• FeloniousMonk says:

Seek: The e-mail should be in your queue. If nothing else, I am “devious”.

Hope it helps.

• FeloniousMonk says:

HITO: OMG, I flocked up on that one! I sent you what I think happened. Hope it didn’t panic you!

I’m so embarrassed!

• HITO says:

Hi Monk.

I just e’d you…please look at post haste.

Thanks.

• SeeknDestroy says:

I would appreciate the input Felonious. Thanks.
              I have 2 currently, waiting on a third.
              All of my attempts to revive the SeeknDestroy moniker have been poofed.
              I back burnered that one.
              Again, thanks for your help.

• HITO says:

Palin gets the most press coverage. Kinda like when the circus comes to town.