AdLib On October - 27 - 2009

lieberman_bush_kissJoe Lieberman is quoted by TPM to promise to side with Republicans on a filibuster to kill the public option. Who’s surprised? Raise your hands. Anyone?

This is the same crazed human incarnation of Droopy the Dog who attacked Obama in the Primary, applauded Sarah Palin and voted to put her one heartbeat away from the presidency.

So, what could anyone really expect?

Still, this is not a done deal.

Joe was willing to humiliate himself and grovel just to retain his chairmanships after Obama was elected. Reid KNOWS where JabberJowl’s weak spot is and if only Reid didn’t have a weak spot where most people’s spines are, he could and should make it perfectly clear that if he votes one more time for Republicans, he can join them in the minority with NO chairmanship.

I mean, the whole point of allowing Lieberman to keep his chairmanships was to have his vote as the 60th vote to break Republican filibusters. The logic is pretty simple, if he’s not going to be the 60th vote, if the Dems are keeping their end of the bargain and he isn’t keeping his, kick his flabby ass out into the Party of No, where he belongs.

And when the public has an option in CT next time around, they will insure that the Lieberman condition is cured.

1. FeloniousMonk says:

People!!!! Richard Nixon Endorsed having Healthcare Reform in 1974!!

Richard Nixon -- Special Message to the Congress Proposing a Comprehensive Health Insurance Plan
    February 6, 1974

Take a read at http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=4337

I just spotted this fact loaded website and we could all benefit from it!

2. VegasBabe says:

That picture is beginning to creep me out!

3. whatsthatsound says:

His name will live in infamy.
    “You are such a Lieberman!”
    “My company totally Liebermaned me!”
    “I wouldn’t buy that used car if I were you. It looks like a Lieberman.”

4. Grabamop says:

I just hope Reid uses the balls he grew yesterday and threatens his chairmanship.

5. VegasBabe says:

I’d be very curious about what those in Connecticu feel about ole Joe these days, especially after his colorful conduct during the campaign. If I had a crystal ball, I would seriously forsee an end to this guy and I do hope they have a viable candidate to promote when his term is up. I almost feel sorry for this Lieberman but on the otherhand, I don’t think he was ever anything BUT a Rethuglican.

• BigDogMom says:

As a resident of CT, the state Dem party wanted to censure him and started proceedings to recall him, they were stopped by the DNC and the President…they really needed his vote was their answer….

My question yesterday, “Can Reid hold his chairmanship over his head for a yes vote”…Would be pleased if Reid did, and after HC is passed with a Robust Public Option, they screw the heck out of him….

Here in CT we are none to happy with ol’Joe, Blumenthal our States Attorney is going to go after his seat, and he is real popular, very fair and honest….and I will work my butt off to make sure he gets in….

• KQuark says:

I think citizens of Connecticut will be up in arms but Lieberman will not car.

• Strega says:

You got it right VB, this guy’s a definite thug & he’s in the pocket of big insurance. What a tool.

6. KQuark says:

I’m sure it’s a power play to shape the bill for his corporate masters. The disgusting part is the reasons he said he is against the public option now even though he was for a government program when he was running in 2006.

7. Questinia says:

I live in Connecticut. It’ll be heave-ho Joe Blow, go get a cup o’joe and learn how to play “Hey Joe”.

You ain’t Joe Sixpack and you lost your mojo… a long time ago… back when you played with GI Joes and read about Bazooka Joe. Now you’re just Joe, gone crying to Joe mama.

8. KevenSeven says:

It’s about time Fredo goes out in the row boat.

As I just said on another post, if Joe was ever really an Independent, my name shall be Elvis and I’ll eat my hat, yours too.

That photo just made me throw up a little, it is so sickening.

It is a still from Bush’s last State of the Union…when he kissed Lieberman and Lieberman kissed back.

Then grabbed a cheap feel.

😆 I bet! Couldn’t they just have booked a room for this display of ad nauseam?

Lieberman looks like one of the Marx brothers, was it Curly?