ClusterFoxWarrior On October - 25 - 2009

huffpost-061009-mainClusterFoxWarrior here, on Huffington I post under the name RepublicansRejected.
Apparently the Huffington smear job on President Barack Obama has hit a new low with the following story and thread as their main earlier this morning:

Leaderless: Senate Pushes For Public Option Without Obama’s Support

The story cites anonymous White House aids as sources and contains an advertisement AGAINST any kind of healthcare reform.

And it gets even worse:

Independent Voters Shifting Away From Obama, Democrats

This story cites Real Clear Politics as their source, which is known for their conservative slant.

Personally, I’ve just about had it with the Huffington Hypocrisy. Banning liberal posters while allowing right wing trolls to post at free will, and running the exact same negative smear jobs on our President that Cluster Fox does daily.

I’ll continue to post there, but less and I’ll be posting here more often and at the NewsHounds site at http://www.newshounds.us/.

It’s time we took a stand against the real enemy which is not just Republicans, but the MSM as a whole (including Huffington Post) and not our President who only wants to better this nation.

1. SueInCa says:

Wow all the best people from huffpo here. I swear I felt immediate calm nerves when I got here.

2. DCTVixen says:

Hi guys!

I got completely burnt out on politics, and had to go into recovery. lol.

I see that the HP has been up to their old tricks. No surprise there. Sometimes people who claim to be liberal, also feel as if they have to come across as “balanced” and so they go to the absolute extremes.

I can understand liberals wanting to keep Obama on track, and therefore they criticize him. It’s just that a lot of the criticism is very premature. When President Obama was running for president, I just KNEW that people were smart enough to realize that it would take more than 3, 6, 9, 12, hell ever 24 months for things to be fixed in this country. I’m not a college educated individual, so I figure that if I knew that, others out there knew it too. Boy was I wrong!

I also am annoyed with their anon sources. Especially when they are spreading damaging information. One thing I’ve learned about people is that, if they read it on the internets, it must be true! In which case… no one takes into account that the story they are reading could actually be (gasps) false! It’s like when Rushie Poo was siting a thesis paper that Obama never wrote. Even though it was noted as SATIRE on the very site it was swiped.

People never cease to amaze me. Really.

Anyway… I don’t post on the HP neeeearly as much as I used to. What’s the point? Any story that is about Arianna or some other blogger on the HP is heavily moderated -- what are they scared of? Not to mention that you have to play psychic as you are typing your posts, and figure out which words are going to be censored so that you can misspell them. lol. It’s just not worth the effort and it has severely cut into my enjoyment of the site.

So, in short -- I feel your pain. :)

• choicelady says:

I agree with your analysis, and it’s lovely to read. I think patience is in very short supply, but if Obama had come in like gangbusters, the opposition would have been even more fierce, and since the RW has guns, it could easily have turned deadly. Not for him but for those around the disaffected. I monitor hate crimes, and it’s already off the charts now. More to the point, Obama has done what he promised -- he has de-escalated the “imperial presidency” and moved to restore a real balance of powers. He is putting a lot of control back in Congress while guiding outcomes well. HuffPo is part of the “flapping outrage” group -- we’ve been so angry for so long, we have no idea how to participate in democracy. KQuark is also right -- you do NOT restore the chaos of the past 30 years overnight. I work with anti-torture groups that are saying Obama is “as bad as Bush” for entering the Bush doctrinal court pleas -- every ONE of which is being struck down. That’s bloody brilliant! He’s moving the nation forward and getting rulings against the Bush Doctrine all in one fell swoop. And my allies are furious that he did not pull every case and enter it in ideologically pleasant language! We are a nation that does not seem to want to grow up, be a democracy, and stop being “outraged victims” of something. Nice to meet you all -- I’ve not had such rational reading in many, many years.

• escribacat says:

I was just trying to post on a story about a coyote attack. Fully moderated. You put “agreed” and it goes to pending purgatory. What’s the point of censoring comments about coyotes?????? Please, someone, esplain!!!

• KQuark says:

I can’t understand the impatience either. It took almost 30 years of greed is good Reaganism to mess things up and it will take years not months to fix. The same with healthcare reform. It’s been decades and just the fact that President Obama and the Dems may get it done in less than a year is amazing.

3. BlueStateMan says:

Of COURSE it turned out to be a BOGUS article, the retraction coming the next day.

Typical TABLOID “Saturday” HuffyPuffy PUFF PIECE to arouse the natives.

I’m surprised that Sam Stein has his name on it.

4. PepeLepew says:

Hi RR.
    I’m becoming kind of disillusioned with HuffPost. I love, love, love, some of the other bloggers there, but the site has really gone downhill with the ridiculous headlines and half-assed reporting, and the policies allowing trolls to run amuck. Oh, well. I haven’t completely given up, yet, because I like the savvy, intelligent Internet friends I have made there, but I might, soon.

Wonderful to see ecribacat and RR here. Welcome.
    The latest development, as you probably know, is that the White House actually had to issue a statement refuting the (apparently totally fabricated) HuffPo assertion that Barack Obama was not supportive of a public option. With “friends” like AH, libs don’t need enemies.
    When I tried to post (yes, I admit, sarcastically) that it didn’t look good for a Pulitzer this year at HuffPo, the scrub brushes came out. I’m so sick of that.

• KQuark says:

Tell me about it. I’ve been in many meetings in my career and people all come out with their own impressions of what was said and what occurred. Constantly reporting this and especially interpreting intentions is shoddy journalism.

I think the president may be getting some bad advise about where the public option stands and the only direct quote I heard from the meetings was the president saying “I hope you know what you are doing” when talking to Reid reported by Ezra Klein. What someone wants and what they think they can get are two different things.

• choicelady says:

KQuark -- I agree about the bad advice. I agree MORE about the lousy reporting.

Right. And that reckless speculation on the part of HP just “emboldens the enemy” to use Darth Cheney’s expression.

Side note: I still find myself resorting to old HP tricks…like thinking of typing @ssho/e regarding Cheney. But--hey!!--I don’t hafta do that anymore! I can say Cheney’s an asshole now and there’s no mod-prude to stop me. Freedom!

• KQuark says:

It takes a while to get use to stop complying with their bullshite rules.

You can also embed pictures and video in responses here. YouTube video is really easy just add a “v” after the “http” in the link when you cut and past it.

You just have to make sure the video can be embedded.

• PepeLepew says:

I’m not that Internet savvy. How do you do the avatars here? I haven’t figured that out, yet.

Go to http:// gravatar.com sign on with the same email you use here, upload your photo, follow instructions and it might take about 30 minutes to show up here.

Someone with a grudge seems to be voting down in the ratings of the posts again. Oh dear, my dear, get a life please.

7. Questinia says:

Not only that, but they don’t let me upload a new photo!!!

8. nicole473 says:

Hi RR…….glad to see you here!

9. Grabamop says:

Hello everyone, I am Obama20082016 on HP. It’s time to grab a mop and clean up. HP has jumped the shark. AH thinks she can make the news instead of reporting it. She is catering to the trolls to gain clicks.

10. KQuark says:

Welcome. Hey RR buddy I missed your posts.

Half the mains are now from the WSJ and all you see is misleading stories and headlines these days on Huffy. I haven’t posted over there much for a while now and I only kept posting to interact with folks like you but for me the whole “Biden should Resign” article by Aryanna just brought everything to a head of how that place is just a vanity site for Queen Aryanna. I like Biden but calling a guy who as Senator voted for the Iraq war a prince of peace is just ridiculous. Aryanna like all trolls cannot separate policy from personal attacks.

11. KevenSeven says:

Glad to have you aboard.

Next Friday will be the newest “Huffno Friday”.

We need people to pass the word on Thursday, although you likely will be banned for it……

I had six socks washed today. They have blocked my IP addy.

12. chicabetty says:

Hey, RR. escribacat here. I increasingly feel manipulated by the headlines and slant of stories at HP. Call me old fashioned, but I really don’t see how Arianna Huffington could go from such a right wing fanatic to a progressive. She used to maintain a site with the sole purpose of getting Clinton impeached.

There is a constant campaign to undermine Obama, all the while pretending to be a progressive site that supports the president. The business last night with the big “leaderless” headline was outrageous. I enjoy hanging out at the HP and commenting but I do not trust the great mistress. Did I mention that I’m sick to death of her constant stories about herself?