KQµårk 死神 On August - 30 - 2009

Well Dick your lawless administration offended anyone in this nation that believes in the rule of law.

Fucquis Chenem DiquatTM

Former Vice President Dick Cheney, claimed president Obama was allowing Attorney General Holder to investigate allegations of torture for partisan political reasons and restating that the president’s policies are making us less safe.

73954997MW001_Vice_PresidenFist let’s make one thing perfectly clear: DICK CHENEY YOU DID NOT KEEP THE AMERICAN PEOPLE SAFE FOR EIGHT YEARS!

In fact Dick Cheney and his administration gave up the largest terrorist attack in world history and started a criminal war that led to the violent deaths of hundreds of thousands of people.  Furthermore Dick Cheney created an environment of torture tactics that did not keep us safe.  These torture tactics only spurred on the enemy which used pictures and knowledge of Dick Cheney’s torture squads as their major recruiting weapon.

Dick you do no know your Constitution either.  The President of the United States in not the chief law enforcement officer in the land.  The president’s job is to act withing the law and uphold the law, however the president upholds the law by appointing an INDEPENDENT Attorney General as the chief law enforcer in the land.  This assures the president is not ABOVE the law like emperor Dick Cheney was as Vice President when his administration was in power.  If we lived in Dick Cheney Land and not the USA we would be living in a quasi-dictatorship where the exalted emperor Dick Cheney was above the law.

No president Obama did not want these investigations even though most of his base wanted him to lead these investigations.  Unlike Dick Cheney’s tenure in office when he did not do anything the base of his party did not applaud whether it was legal or not.  President Obama did the right thing by appointing an independent AG, Eric Holder, who went beyond his president’s and the CIA’s wishes to enforce the law which is his charter.  Again unlike Dick Cheney’s administration who politicized the Department of Justice and enabled for the first time in our history a unitarian Vice Presidency to rule the executive branch.  Another extra-Constitutional mockery of justice perpetrated by Dick Cheney.

America is safer now because the world hates us less since we no longer torture and hold the rule of law as something to aspire to and not work around.  However, we all know what your game is by now Dick.   Like most right wing Republicans you only care about this country when you feel like you have control of this country.  Dick Cheney does not really care about the safety of this nation.   Instead he is making a political calculation that if we are attacked when Obama is president he can say “I told you so” in order for his party to regain power.  The faux patriot who got at least five differentials to avoid fighting in the war of his generation that he suppository believed in is hoping for more American blood to be spilled just to be proven “right”.

s-CHENEY-large“Cheney Accuses Obama Of Launching “Intensely Partisan” Torture Investigation

Dick Cheney left little on the table during a taped interview Fox News Sunday, accusing the Obama White House pursuing an “intensely partisan” investigation into the use of torture under the Bush administration.

Calling the “enhanced interrogation techniques” used on terrorist suspects “absolutely essential,” the former vice president deemed any decision to launch an probe into the possible illegal use of these EITs an “outrageous political act” and a “direct slap at the CIA.”

“We had a track record now of eight years of defending the nation against any further mass casualty attacks from al Qaeda. The approach of the Obama administration should be to come to those people who were involved in that policy and say, ‘How did you do it? What were the keys to keeping this country safe over that period of time?'” Cheney said.

“Instead, they’re out there now threatening to disbar the lawyers who gave us the legal opinions — threatening contrary to what the president originally said. They’re going to go out and investigate the CIA personnel who carried out those investigations.”

Saying the move to launch an investigation “offends the hell out of me,” Cheney accused Obama of succumbing to the political pressure of his progressive base.

“We had a president of the United States, President Obama, tell us a few months ago there wouldn’t be an investigation,” said Cheney. “Now, they get a little heat from the left wing of the Democratic Party and they are reversing course on that.”

Asked to respond to this charge in the past, the Obama White House has noted that, unlike the Bush administration, it does not put political pressure on the Department of Justice. The decision to pursue an investigation into the authorization of torture — which will be preliminary in nature and narrow in scope — was made by Attorney General Eric Holder alone.

“The president is the chief law enforcement officer in the administration,” Cheney said. “He is now saying, well, this isn’t anything he’s got to do with. He’s up vacationing in Martha’s Vineyard and his attorney general is going back and doing something the president said some months ago he wouldn’t do.””

icon-FCD dick-cheney

In a rare instance Senator McCain and I agree on this issue.

s-KENNEDY-MEMORIAL-largeMcCain Whacks Cheney: Torture Violated Law And Helped The Terrorists

In a strong pushback against claims made by former Vice President Dick Cheney, Sen. John McCain insisted on Sunday that the use of torture on terrorism suspects violated international law, didn’t work, and actually helped al Qaeda recruit additional members.

“I think the interrogations were in violation of the Geneva Conventions and the convention against torture that we ratified under President Reagan,” said the Arizona Republican. “I think these interrogations, once publicized, helped al Qaeda recruit. I got that from an al Qaeda operative in a prison camp in Iraq… I think that the ability of us to work with our allies was harmed. And I believe that information, according go the FBI and others, could have been gained through other members.””

Written by KQµårk 死神

My PlanetPOV contact is kquark@planetpov.com Proud Dem whose favorite hobby is cat herding. The GOP is not a political party, it's a personality disorder. Cancer, Heart Failure and Bush Survivor.

1. KQuark says:

AdLib you’re witty enough too. But I was referring to Q’s post. :snark:

2. VegasBabe says:

Hey, this is pretty cool. I love the look of this place. How long has this been operational and do I know any of the folks who may have started it up? Lot’s of familiar names here! Hope I’m welcome here. 😉 Now how do I get an avatar? Anyone?

• Questinia says:

Hey Vegas! Adlib really ran with the idea I gave him, huh?

Hey VegasBabe! You made my day by joining up!

Actually, I confess to setting up The Planet…with the invaluable support of my friends Kalima, KevenSeven and KQuark.

I got tired of being censored all the time on HuffPo and wanted to start up a site where bloggers like ourselves could write articles…and have true Freedom of Expression.

As you see, the site supports Gravatar so you have an Avatar.

We’ve been up at full speed for about a month and so far so good, the site is growing each day.

Explore around and check out the FAQ on how to do just about everything, any questions, please feel free to email me at admin@planetpov.com.

Welcome to the Planet!

Come on baby drive my bike!

See you all later, Papa is waiting.

4. Questinia says:

Good Night Kalima and Adlib!… Gonna get some Golden Slumbers.

I have no Edit button it was there and now it’s running down the long and winding road. Would someone be kind enough to chop off one “this” from my comment below and then delete this one. Please, please me oh yeah!”

6. Questinia says:

I have a Dick Cheney look-alike neighbor who lives directly in front of me. Mercedes Humvees, etc… new money in your face. Republican….natch. Paranoid as all get out, just like Le Chien Cheney. Cheney is a paranoiac. Of the Dr. Strangelove variety. P-A-R-A-N-O-I-D.

He introduced himself to me using a fictitious name. He told lie after lie after lie. He was the most arrogant man I’d ever met, complete with faux English accent (but only with a few words like “rah-ther”) I called him on his BS at a Town Hall meeting. I told the entire room, “You just can trust anything a guy says when he introduces himself with a fake name”.

He responded : “I’m just a teensy bit insulted”. Faux outrage on a teensy scale?!

Since Obama won, he’s spent less time at his fucking horse farm. Meanwhile, I put up an eight foot fence.

Le Chien Cheney. Le Chieny fou.

• KQuark says:

😆 I don’t know what I would do without your wit.

Thanks my friend! Posts like yours make it all worthwhile!

• Questinia says:

Um, he was referring to mine. :)

Uh-uh!

He was looking at you but he was talking to me.

Sha!

• Questinia says:

He was looking at me, and talking to you about what he had just said to me.

Nyeah!

• Questinia says:

BTW, is that gravatar from “Brazil”?

Dance before me like a Brazillion eyes
            That call me on and on across the Univarse.

Rested and raring to go. Where’d you all disappear?

I Wanna Hold Your Gland!

Nothing escapes the clever Q!

“Brazil

Brazil, where hearts were entertaining June

We stood beneath an amber moon

And softly murmured “someday soon”

We kissed and clung together

Then, tomorrow was another day

The morning found me miles away

With still a million things to say

Now, when twilight dims the sky above

Recalling thrills of our love

There

Lovely!!

“We kissed and clung together

Then, tomorrow was another day…”

Hmm. Clinging figures pretty heavily in your consciousness, doesn’t it.

Has your neighbor had his home obscured from being seen on Google Earth too?

“Teensy” is likely an adjective that could be used frequently on this Cheney Pod.

Why would anyone use a fake name to represent themselves?

Sincerely,

Adlib J. Wagstaff

• Questinia says:

Because, I’ve since found out….now hold on to your wagstaff….he used to walk behind the Maharishi (the Beatle’s Maharishi) with a wooden stool so the holy one could plunk his keester on it. He was named in a book about that era and I suppose was protecting his identity.
        I think he had a bad acid trip and now he’s decided he’ll become a bad acid trip.

Are you sure he wasn’t (isn’t) actually the stool?

He needs to get over himself, there are likely REAL celebrities in the vicinity who are less concerned about being recognized than him.

Then again, maybe he’s afraid if people know who he is they’ll expect him to kneel behind them and hum, “Dear Prudence”.

• Questinia says:

The Magical Keestery Tour is waiting to take you away….

• Questinia says:

Hey! No fair, you can’t go changing your comment after I answered it.
              Um Obla doo Obla Doo
              Across the Univ-arse
              Backside in the USSR
              I Wanna Be You Can

I did change it right after I posted it, before I saw your reply, was inspired. Sorry! Did you leave your sunglasses in the original post?

Now, back to business:

Mean Mr. Must-Arse
              Octopussies Garden
              NoHair Man
              Loosie in This Guy With Sigh Moans

• Questinia says:

I don’t know if you changed it or not. I just saw Happenis and gun then I blacked out.

signed,
              Violet Sechsclowne

a. Happiness is a warm bun.

b. You say Goodbye and I say Sit Down

c. Stool on the Hill

With sexual innuendo puns made out of Beatle song titles, everyone wins!

Get some sleep dear Q!

We may tire but our puns will live at least a week or so!

Night!

Mr Moonlight
              Here Comes the Buns
              Cocky Raccoon
              Bun King
              Love me do do
              All things must pass gas

I give up! It’s 3 am! You win you win 😉

Q: She also mentioned her pleasure from that Yell-OH! Some-Marine.

The bun da mental things? :rofl:

Ad:

She also likes Norwegian Wood

Q: Long Tall Sally, eh?

Guess she appreciated Maxwell’s silver hammer.

Kalima -- The bun da mental things apply as time goes bi.

• Questinia says:

Not such a feat when you’re Long Tall Sally.

And just remember this a diss is just a diss.
              A sneer is just a sneer, Dick, your time’s gone by.

Actually, she came in through the bathroom window.

And considering we were doing it in the road, that was some feat.

😆

• Questinia says:

It most certainly is, especially when doing it in the road.

7. KevenSeven says:

I really don’t give a damn if he is offended.

CHENEY: “This offends the hell out of me! I feel like someone is assuming I’m guilty and tying me down, putting a towel over my face and pouring gallons of water down so I’ll feel like I’m drowning and will be willing to confess to things that aren’t true just to stop them from continuing. It is an abuse of power and inhumane! QUACK!”

That is priceless “offends the hell out of me” as if what he signed off on didn’t offend the American people or the rest of the civilized world. Can this man seriously believe that what they did was right?
    What the Bush gang did is something you might expect from a third world dictatorship but not from a leading power in the world and after all this time, he still doesn’t think that it was wrong?
    Oh Dick, you are a p@ick.

Delusional or downright brutal?
    Worships God or the Devil?
    Has a superiority complex or is insane?

• KQuark says:

Nobody, nobody did damage to Americas’ reputation around the world than Dick Cheney. All the criminal behavior from the illegal Iraq war to torture started and ended with Cheney.

Famous quotes from history:

a. When Torquemada was investigated for abuse, “What is this, the Spanish Inquisition?”

b. When Nazi Concentration Camp guards were being tried at Nuremberg, “This is a clear case of prejudice.”

c. When Dick Cheney was being investigated for his participation in illegal abuse of prisoners, “I am offended of such accusations and have a good mind to strip you naked in a freezing cell and attach electrodes to your testicles.”

10. Questinia says:

I don’t know what to say about this man anymore except Fucquis Chenem Dicquat!